Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie-in-flatrock Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2012, 04:19 PM
    How can I remove sweetness from my bean soup?
    I made a pot of many-bean soup - something I've made hundreds of times, using a left-over ham bone and the usual procedure. This time, the soup is very sweet - the ham must have been sweeter than I realized. Does anyone know a way to remove the extra sweetness? I know the old trick of using a potato to soak up extra salt if that should happen, but I have no idea about the sweetness. I can thin it out and let it reduce again, but it seems it will be just as sweet when all is said and done. I'd appreciate any help!
    Thanks, Jackie
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 1, 2012, 06:10 PM
    A little vinegar or lemon juice, something sour?
    But gee, it sounds delicious to me... can I come over?
    jackie-in-flatrock Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2012, 11:37 PM
    Thanks, joypulv!
    I'll try each with a bowl so I don't mess up the whole batch - I have plenty to share ( about 6 qts!)!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the website that recommended the soy bean solution to remove mastic frm cemen [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove mastic from cement? Thank you Becky C

Who 's the poet? Full many a rose is born to blush unseen, and waste it's sweetness [ 1 Answers ]

An well-known English poet - probably late nineteenth century -wrote the following lines, but I don't know the poet or the name of the poem: Full many a rose is born to blush unseen, And waste its sweetness on the desert air...

The bean counter. [ 3 Answers ]

Did you hear about the constipated accountant? He couldn't budget.

Substitute one bean for another [ 2 Answers ]

If a recipe calls for white beans, such as cannelini beans can I use cranberry beans instead? Would I need to change the recipe at all?

How to make a soup base of the vietnam soup noodle [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is sweet honey bee... I would like to know how to make a soup base of the vietnam soup noodle. Thanks..

View more questions Search