Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yasir Ali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Animal job
    Hi I want to know how much money a Zoologist makes. My teacher said the gov. or something sends them to Africa to study species for half a year. And get 2 million dollars:cool: . So is that true please tell me yeah.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Yasir, I think you might have misunderstood your teacher. Usually what happens is, a zoo or zoologist applies for a government grant for a specific reason, such as studying a certain species for 6 months. Sometimes a grant can be for $2Mill. Sometimes a grant can be for $20,000. But, this isn't income that you earn and put into your pocket. The money is used to buy equipment and generally pay for the expenses associated with the trip and the research. Most zoologist are not rich.

You may want to do some investigating and see if this is something that interests you. I am attaching a link to a website at the University of Oklahoma. They have a zoology department. I am sure someone would be interested in speaking to you about zoology. Start there and ask them if they have any suggestions of where else you can look for information on what it takes and what to expect from a career in zoology.

Department of Zoology, University of Oklahoma

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animal Names that start with the letter 'X'? [ 2 Answers ]

What animal name starts with an X?

Name of this animal? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, could someone please identify this animal? I would appreciate it.:) http://i8.tinypic.com/25h0etv.jpg

Is this animal abuse? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a neighbor that don't feed his dog and don't give him water I always do it because I feel bad for the poor thing he is always crying from starvation and thirst he looks like the owner use him for fighting because he is all scared up and two days ago he was running loose on the street and I...

View more questions Search