Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kristy40 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Unrealistic goal?
    Hello everyone,

I weigh 180 lbs and would like to lose 30-40lbs by April 30, 07. My goal weight is 140-150Do you think this is a realistic goal, any suggestion on the best way of accomplishing this goal? I don't have any problems exercising or food restrictions!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy40
    Hello everyone,

I weigh 180 lbs and would like to lose 30-40lbs by April 30, 07. My goal weight is 140-150Do you think this is a realistic goal, any suggestion on the best way of accomplishing this goal? I don't have any problems exercising or food restrictions!
    t

I believe you can get close to your goal but it will take a lot of dedication. The first thing you do is check what your really eating for 2-3 days, keep a journal and write down the amounts and kinds of food, snacks, drinks your eating, after this see what you can do without. The first rule is you need to cut out fast food, if you eat it, nothing fried, Broiled or baked lean meats, like chicken, turkey, lean meats, substitute ground turkey for ground meat, fish. Eat lots of veggies, that you steam or boil, don't add salts to your foods, and cook with canola oils or olive oils, There are a lot of spreads that are low fat, that will help instead of butter or margarine. Cut out soda, drink lots of water, especially before meals. Eat full Grain products, like pasta and breads. Cut out white flour, sugar as much as you can. Layer on tomatoes, sprouts, lettuce, red onions, avocados, on your sandwiches Subsitute reduced fat cheeses for your burgers, and dips, Use lard free (vegetarian) tortillas and beans. If you want to eat chips, munch on baked chips but try and go by the exact serving size, listed on the nutritional label. Salsa has only @ 7 calories in 2 tbsp, dip away. Substitute non fat yogurt or light sour crean in place of full fat mayo or sour cream. Eat smaller portions, eat less, exercise more. The average maintenance lever for women is 2000-2100 calories per day, try lowering this by at leat 15%-20%. Never drop below 1200 calories per day. A lower body fat percentage comes from a healthy, steady weight loss of no more that 3-4 pounds per week. People who lose weight too fast may actually increase the fat percentage. Because most of the loss is from fluid losses which are easily regained. Aerobic exercise is a great secret to burning fat, walking, jogging, biking, stair stepping are all great, the key to maxium fat loss is to work out 30-60 minutes per session 3-4 x per week, Then you also need resistance training Weights are a great burner. Work out the whole body, not just one area. Eat natural, full grains, veggies, lean meats, low fat, low sugar, low calorie foods. I hope this helps a bit, keep going you can do this!:cool:
    Kristy40 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Thanks so much for all the details! The info is great. Good news is that I cut out sodas about 4 years ago and cut out sugar/cream in my coffee about 2 months ago! So this is a start. Last couple of days I have been limiting myself to 1200 calories and 60 min of cardio. Feel OK so far, a little hungry but that's nothing new for me... I'm always hungry!

Thanks again for taking the time to help me :)
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy40
    Thanks so much for all the details! The info is great. Good news is that I cut out sodas about 4 years ago and cut out sugar/cream in my coffee about 2 months ago! So this is a start. Last couple of days I have been limiting myself to 1200 calories and 60 min of cardio. Feel OK so far, a little hungry but that's nothing new for me....I'm always hungry!

Thanks again for taking the time to help me :)
    Hey, that's great, the hunger pangs will subside once your stomach gets use to the new regiment. It's a good sign! Keep on going, you off to a great start. Read nutritional labels, learn how to understand what there really saying, especially about Serving Size, very important!! Anyway, Good luck,;) the results will make you happy
    jessieshuai Posts: 9, Reputation: 1
    -

Feb 14, 2007, 09:36 PM
    I can help you lose 30-40lbs in 3-4 months.
    Here's an easy and effective way.
    Oh! My Herbalife: Success stories: My self-esteem was so low, I was afraid to leave my house.

If you'd like to give it a try, email me.
    Please answer the following questions:
    1. Do you really want to lose weight?
    2. How much weight do you want to lose? Your age, height & weight?
    3. Have you ever tried to lose weight?how?
    4. Why didn't it work?
    5. Why do you want to lose weight now?

Email me at [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is your goal in life? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm just curious 8)

View more questions Search