Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alihuho Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 05:02 PM
    What should I do to get my deductible back?
    I was driving on the car-pool lane and a car in the right lane suddenly pulled into my lane and scratched the door on the passenger side. My car was a SUV and the 2nd party's car is a sedan and much lower than my car, and my car door was scratched by the side mirror of the 2nd party's car.

We exchanged insurance information and he said he was avoiding a third car. There were a third car stopped for the incident so I approached the 3rd car for insurance info. The driver said he didn't hit my car and refused to give me his information.

I filed the claim with my insurance company and took my car to repair. I have waited for my deductible to be reimbursed but 2 months later I still haven't gotten it back, my adjuster told me that they have done everything but the 2nd party's insurance company said their client was avoiding the 3rd car and therefore not at fault.

The weired thing is they said their client didn't provide the 3rd car's info to them and my insurance company cannot go after the 3rd party's car insurance company.

Do I still have a chance to have my deductible back? Thank you for you help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2011, 05:47 PM
    Personally... when they refused to provide the insurance info.. I would have contacted the police, gave then the vehicle info, tag number and description of the driver... and let them deal with the police.

Months later nobody is going to listen to you I fear.

AS far as the insurance end of it.. we have experts here who can offer better advice on that aspect than I could.

Where do you live?. Insurance companies are licensed State by State. And State laws can determine what rights you may or may not have.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2011, 06:40 PM
    Sorry the other car may not have even been involved. The car who is to pay for your repair is the other car that hit you, not some mystery car that did not hit anyone.

Your insurance company depending on the claim, may or may not sue the other driver on your behalf and if they do, it can take months and months if not years to settle. Then they will pay your deductable back, not before. You need to speak to your adjuster if they are going to sue the other driver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deductible payment [ 4 Answers ]

If a metal sign from a business, pierced my air conditioner's condenser, will I have to pay a deductible?

Is a $2,500 deductible better than a $5,000 deductible? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm shopping around for insurance. It's hard doing it on your own. Now before I call the insurance company, does anyone know anything about this kind of stuff?

Landlord wants me to pay the deductible back to her. Can she do that? [ 11 Answers ]

Had an accidental fire where I rent. Now landlord is asking me to pay the deductible back to her. Can she do that?

Getting your deductible back from a LIAR [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, in regards to getting your deductible back, what if: 1) it was the other driver's fault (in my case a truck driver in a company 18-wheeler) 2) he rolled back into MY car, I got his license plate #, tried to pull him over and he wouldn't so I then called 911 - the cop told me to stop...

Can't get a straight answer about receiving my deductible back [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, In Feb my car was hit by truck while waiting at stop light. My friend borrowed my car to go to work so I was not in the car. My Progressive insurance claims I am not at fault but the other insurance company is fighting it. I am not charged extra for my insurance (it's not my fault in...

View more questions Search