Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beefedandboiled Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 10:49 AM
    What if you're an exempt employee that went 3 days over
    What if you're an exempt employee that went 3 days over your paid leave time and was told you'd be docked for them (3 separate occasions - 1 day each) but then wasn't docked for them until the end of the year when all three days were docked from one payched, is that legal in NJ
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2011, 11:02 AM
    If you missed FULL days that you were scheduled for, you can be docked for them. And it is not unusual for such docking to be done at the end of the year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried non exempt employee in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

I work in an insurance agency in Lakeland Florida as a commercial account manager, a non supervisory position however I do hold a professional license. I am told I am salaried, we get paid monthly and is usually the same amount each month. Our normal work week is 37.5 hours. I have used all my...

If you are an exempt employee that is currently out of paid time. Can you be docked [ 5 Answers ]

For days taken off due to illness. Also if you have taken FMLA so that the company won't retaliate by firing for missed days.

Salaried non exempt employee [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if being a salaried employee mean your employer can consistently require you to work 60+ hours per week for less than 25,000 a year? ANy one know the laws for Tennessee.

Downsizin EXEMPT employee in California [ 1 Answers ]

To further clarify my 1st question. If I tell Exempt employee to stay home and wait do I still have to pay them? If I don't pay them do they lose their exempt status? Which then opens us up to back voertime pay.

View more questions Search