Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 1, 2012, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msowens View Post
    Would it be wise of me to offer to match their current price (if they're under contract)?
    What other websites/directories can I advertise and promote my business?
    Usually there IS a reason that they consider changing Ms Owens, could it be that their present company didn't figure enough to do the job correctly? :)

Always do your due diligence, always. Figure each job, promise please to do this. You will always know where you stand.

As far as more info on websites I am sorry, I know what I like however I pay other employees to take care of this matter.

I like your questions you are bright and apparently have a passion.

Stringer
    msowens Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jan 1, 2012, 06:27 PM
    I'm always looking to learn. You rarely find someone to genuine help you, they feel like if your going into the same business as them they feel threatened as if you're tendencies are to steal their customers away. Me honestly I just want to my business succeed and as long as I know I'm giving it my all and applying everything you told me then I should see some progress in all do time. With a lot of foot work, word of mouth and other network resources then it will be sooner than later. Again I can't thank you enough for taking the time to thoroughly answer my questions to give me a clear understanding of the commercial aspect of cleaning. Any other info you feel may be of use to me pass it on..
    My family & my business is my passion and my main focus
    Business Expert

Jan 1, 2012, 10:25 PM
    Make 2012 the year !

Stringer

Jan 2, 2012, 12:15 PM
    I Will, I PROMISE!!
    Business Expert

Jan 2, 2012, 02:37 PM
    I Will, I PROMISE!!!!
    Ha HA ! :D

Okey, remember results are what matter... go get 'um!

Stringer

Jan 2, 2012, 07:53 PM
    I'm going full speed ahead tomorrow... Positive energy brings positive results!!
    Business Expert

Jan 2, 2012, 10:15 PM
    Let me know how you do.

Jan 3, 2012, 01:04 PM
    Well I made a connection with a housing inspector and told him about the my business along with some of the other services we offer as well as I can do flat roofs. (I'm a woman of many trades) and he asked for some business cards and told me there is a property manager that might can use my services. So I praying that goes well. I will keep you updated
    Business Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 02:24 PM
    Well I made a connection with a housing inspector and told him about the my business along with some of the other services we offer as well as I can do flat roofs. (I'm a woman of many trades) and he asked for some business cards and told me there is a property manager that might can use my services. So I praying that goes well. I will keep you updated
    Great! Follow up closely, get leads from the property manager also.

Now don't let up.

Stringer

Jan 3, 2012, 04:35 PM
    I'm definitely going to keep pushing forward. Tomorrow I'm going out to a couple of real estate agencies hoping to gain a contract or two. Question, I live in Massachusetts and in my state there is only 1 crime scene cleaning company, do you know if there is any special requirements for going into that line of work? Do you think it would be a good move?
    Business Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 04:51 PM
    I'm definitely gonna keep pushing forward. Tomorrow I'm going out to a couple of real estate agencies hoping to gain a contract or two. Question, I live in Massachusetts and in my state there is only 1 crime scene cleaning company, do you know if there is any special requirements for going into that line of work? Do you think it would be a good move?
    We considered doing this a few years ago. I know that you have to be certified and it takes time in Illinois. I presently don't have more info available though.

1. Dead bodies
    2. Body parts (sometimes all over the room/s including the ceilings)
    3 Internal body parts
    4. Lots and lots of blood (everywhere)

If this doesn't bother you or your employees and you won't dream about it, it can be very profitable to those qualified and with the proper connections. Like all other business you learn, put the business parts together, and then have to find and convince others you can do it... properly.

We started a separate company a couple years ago that is a water / sewer reclamation company. There was a lot of expense and training involved along with the marketing expense. We are also qualified for mold.

Finally after two years we are doing about $500,000.00 /year.

Stringer

Jan 3, 2012, 06:16 PM
    Wow!! Congrats on that... I was looking into that. Maybe I'll hold off on that for now and just focus on the cleaning.. I want to be where you're at.. LOL
    Business Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 07:47 PM
    Wow!!!! Congrats on that...I was looking into that. Maybe I'll hold off on that for now and just focus on the cleaning.. I wanna be where you're at..LOL
    It takes a lot of work Ms Owens but the main secret is that failure is not an option.

My partner and I started this company almost twenty years ago and we cover N.E. Indiana, Central and Northern Illinois. We have almost 300 employees, 12 supervisors, 6 sales persons and an administrative staff. No I don't have a secretary, my partner does, I didn't want one. We do just over $6m annually. We specialize in medical, everything from clinics to hospitals.

When we started I had most of the experience however we both put our homes up for start up. Within two months we had our first contract, luck, being in the right place at the right time and dedication...

You can also... things start slow, build on them and never stop learning.

Stringer

Jan 3, 2012, 09:10 PM
    I know all it takes is 1 contract/customer and word of mouth and the referral will come, it's all about patience and timing like you said being in the right place at the right time. All in due time

Jan 3, 2012, 09:18 PM
    Right now I am offering 50% off for customers 1st initial cleaning is that a good way to attract customers or should I do the 1st cleaning pro-bono to get their attention? What do you think is a good marketing idea?
    Business Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 10:58 PM
    I know all it takes is 1 contract/customer and word of mouth and the referral will come, it's all about patience and timing like you said being in the right place at the right time. All in due time
    Luck and being in the right place at the right time is like the rock star who is an 'overnight star' when he was playing the dives for five years! :)

Persistence, drive and hard work along with being smart is also called 'luck.'

Stringer

Jan 4, 2012, 01:44 PM
    Gotcha!! Someone mentioned to me that I shouldn't offer the snow removal services and should only focus on one or the other being residential or commercial. I feel as long as I have the employees to provide the services then it shouldn't matter, correct?
    Business Expert

Jan 4, 2012, 03:06 PM
    Gotcha!!!! Someone mentioned to me that I shouldn't offer the snow removal services and should only focus on one or the other being residential or commercial. I feel as long as I have the employees to provide the services then it shouldn't matter, correct?
    I wouldn't overlook any opportunities Ms Owens because in the beginning it is vital to keep your revenues flowing in. But there is an old saying... 'don't forget what got you here.'

Stringer

Jan 4, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Exactly. Don't limited yourself, cause you won't know unless you try..
    Business Expert

Jan 4, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Exactly. Don't limited yourself, cause you won't know unless you try..
    Yep, they won't beat a path to your door, you must go and find them.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do to bid on commercial cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

How to bid for commercial cleaning?

I want to bid on commercial cleaning job 284000 sq ft should I bid per sq or per hour [ 5 Answers ]

I have the oppurtunity to bid a pretty big commercial cleaning job 296 offices, 59 bath rooms15 kitchens 32 waiting areas. What is the best way to bid this job.

Very Very Big Commercial Bid [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Clough! Hi Stringer!! How have you both been! I know I have not been on in a while but I am back hehe.. I had since given up last summer with the commercial bidding contracts. Except I recently have received an offer from a Township in the Chicago/Indiana Area. It is very very very...

Commercial Office Bid-- [ 33 Answers ]

I am hoping to find some advice on here -- I have a janitorial business. Im pretty confident with the pricing of the homes and apartments, however, when I went to an apartment complex, they asked me to quote them also on their office area - which Im definitely not quite sure as to how to do that. ...

View more questions Search