Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    perry9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 05:41 AM
    Name of more novels?
    Name of some novels which are written by good author..
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Dec 30, 2011, 05:51 AM
    Perry,

Firstly, I welcome to this great site. There are millions of novel, which are available in the market, in the book stores, in the libraries. Tell me what is your taste - romantic novels, detective novels, realistic novels or what?

1. Perry Mason novels, by Earl Stanley Gardener are wonderful detective novels. So are those by Agatha Christie. Did you try Sherlock Holmes?

2. Jane Austen novels are great sociological novels.

3. James Joyce has written great literary novels like Ulysses.

4. One Hundred Years of Solitude (Brazilian novel), The God of Small Things (Arundhati Roy), Sea of Poppies (Amitav Ghose) are great novels written in this century.

5. Chetan Bhagat's novels - Five Point Someone, Two States of My Marriage, Three Mistakes of My Life and Revolution 2012 are great Indian novels, written in simple language.

6. Paulo Coehlo's The Alchemist and VS Naipaul's A House For Mr.Biswas are also very popular and great novels.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2011, 06:34 AM
    Kahani's list is excellent. Depending on your age and gender, you may be interested to read Young Adult novels that have become very popular -- also, bestseller mysteries, thrillers, and fantasy novels. Older women like what are called "cozy mysteries," and readers with very logical minds like courtroom thrillers.

Is there a public library near you to help you zero in on novels that will appeal to you?
    tvich Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

May 2, 2012, 02:44 PM
    I highly recommend "A Bend in the River," by V.S. Naipaul. It's an action packed novel written by a Nobel Prize winner. The story is great by itself and the underlying themes are there if you want to think about them. But don't take my word for it. You should consider reading some online plot summaries to see what catches your interest. A great site that I use a lot is called The Plot Spot. They have a lot of great plot summaries and I know that A Bend in the River is included. The Plot Spot plot summary -- A Bend in the River -- V.S. Naipaul

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of 2 novels [ 0 Answers ]

I've been trying to find these two novels that were written by the same author for what seems like an eternity. It was written by a gay male and the plot was that one of the characters was a mentor to a young man who was new to the city. I think that they meet at a free clinic where the naïve young...

Name of some good novels [ 1 Answers ]

I want a happy ending book, with its summary written and having a moral of the story. And it should be written by famous author

Dirty novels [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking for a good book, but real detailed sex stories, or dirty talking, its just I really want to improve on talking dirty in bed, and get some ideas... anyone have any ideas?

Any novels [ 19 Answers ]

Do you know any novels that has a sad ending? :)

Old romance novels [ 6 Answers ]

I enjoy reading the old mills and boon or harlequin novels. My favorite author is Sara Seale. Can anyone give me names of some of the other older authors. I don't enjoy the ones that have explicit sexual encounters. I enjoy the ones that are clean and wholesome. Can anyone help. Thanks

View more questions Search