Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tessingrief Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 05:28 AM
    Grieving and Depressed
    I lost both my parents in the past year. Holidays are especially hard, but truly every day is difficult. I lived 500 miles from them the last 20 years, but talked w/my Mom daily (pretty much). I miss her so much and of course have no one to fill the huge void she left. I have a wonderful husband, son and daughter in law. Good job, stressful, but well paid. Nice home, not luxury, but modest. So, why do I feel that I don't want to walk out of this house? I don't want to talk to people, see friends ( I really push people away.) I don't want to do anything anymore. I should be grateful for all I have and all the people who love me, but it just doesn't seem to be enough. I continue to feel empty -- there's this huge hole that I seem to be in and cannot crawl out of. Wishing I could regain the joy I once felt.. . Long ago.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2011, 07:11 AM
    It's part of the grieving process. Some people get hyper and run around like headless chickens, avoiding facing the loss. Others go underground, which you appear to be doing.

Is there anyone you can talk to? Is there someone who will listen to you, help you through this?

My husband died Christmas Day - the season is very hard for me.

It's easy to tell you to look at the bright side - it's hard to put that into practice.
    tlgallo Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2011, 07:40 AM
    There's no shame in going to a grief counselor. Lots of people need help to get on with life after losing a loved one. And there's no rush. It can take a couple of years to make peace with loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to help grieving mom? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My Dad passed away in January after a long illness. Mom and he were married for over 43 years. I have never experienced grief the way I have over the last few years during the illness. I don't know the 'etiquette', I am trying to get through it the best way I can: feel it when I need to,...

Grieving Cat [ 5 Answers ]

My two female cats lived together for nearly 17 years. It's been one month now since Pietra suddenly died, and Pumpkin (who has been diagnosed with cancer last august) has not been the same kitty since. She's constantly meowing (the low guttural cry, the baby screaming cry, the please help me...

Grieving for a lost soul [ 7 Answers ]

Hi people Im just wandering if anyone would know if someone is reported missing and presumed dead would that rule out the notion of Witness Protection Programmes being involved?? My ex partner has been missing for 7 months and police say he has been murdered. I have been told by other people...

My dog is grieving [ 6 Answers ]

My husband passed away late last month, quite unexpectedly. We have 2 dogs - a 4 year old German Shepherd/Gordon Setter mix we adopted at 5 months that absolutely adored him and a 3 year old AKC GSD we've had since she was 6 weeks old that is more my dog. "His" dog trusted no one when we got her...

Grieving dog [ 3 Answers ]

My 10 year old jack russell died very suddenly at home about one week ago his best friend is my 8 year old female jack russell who is now grieving. We are trying to keep her happy and feel needed and loved, but how do we help her when we are at work all day. I leave both a radio & TV on for her,...

View more questions Search