Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edwin2much Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 02:48 AM
    Who is a sound engineer
    In music production . The music engineers are usually referred to as sound engineers. Why?
    SarahGoesRawrxD Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2011, 03:49 AM
    In general terms, a sound engineer is someone responsible for some aspect of the sound at live shows. Many people think of the sound engineer as the person who stands behind the big sound desk (aka mixing desk) at a show and mixes the sound the audience hears, also known as front of house (FOH) sound. There are other roles for sound engineers at shows, however:
    •A monitor sound engineer takes care of the sound the band hears in their monitors on stage. If you're ever heard a band say, "can you turn down my guitar a little bit" or something similar, they are talking to the monitor sound engineer.
    •Systems engineers take care of setting up amps, PA, speakers and such for the band and the other sound engineers.

~ Sound engineers don't have to work strictly in music. Some engineers end up doing sound at conferences, for speeches and any other venue that requires projection of sound for an audience.
    Hope this helped u :D
    ~ Sarah :) ~

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a license as marine engineer for third engineer in U.S.A. Or U.K [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a student in South Korea and I also have Third engineer license for working on a merchant ship in Korea. But I want get a license in U.S.A or U.K. So could you tell me what I have to do for this. I want work in a U.S.A company or U.K one having a license which I will get a...

Creative zen microphoto 8gb sound is weird, different noises get in, distorted sound! [ 6 Answers ]

I have a creative zen microphoto 8gb mp3 player that I got used. Everything seems to be working fine except when I start playing music, the sound seems distorted and I hear different noises (not from the song I'm playing). The sound of the song seems distorted, like the singer is singing really...

Marine engineer license for a second engineer [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir or madom What is the Prossure in uptaining an second marine engineer license ,

View more questions Search