Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WorthlessIdiot Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 01:22 AM
    I Always feel so worthless...
    Why is life so unfair... I'm 14 years old and I've been drinking lately... I try to talk to people so I can work out my issues and for a little while they pretend to care... Then they stop even pretending and just hate me openly... I shot my brothers' ak47 today and now I'm finally capable of shooting myself.. It's a comfort to know that suicide is an option now... And I've been cutting almost hourly now, it's been an addiction since I was nine. The weird part is... I have no idea why I'm so depressed... I live a good life... There was a time when I got malested... But I only cared for a little while... I don't care any more I never even told anyone what really happened... I asked my parents if I could get tested for depression and they said it was a stupid idea and depression is only for people who have had stuff happen to them... I don't know why I feel so much pain but I can't keep my head above the water... I feel like I'm drowning in a dark world full of my own fake smiles and laughter but I see my tears right through the lies.. And I see my wrist bleading in front of me and I just want the bleading to last forever until I simply drop dead.. Maybe people would finally care about me... I just don't know what's wrong with me and I want to just die... I'm so stupid and ugly and I weigh 101 pounds of pure ****ing fat and I'm embarrassing and annoying and I try to be funny but I'm not and I just wish I could die... I want to never wake up after I fall asleep tonight... I'm nit worth anything and no one understands me... I'm a joke... I'm something to laugh at.. That's all I am... I am worthless.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 30, 2011, 04:25 AM
    Some brother, letting a suicidal 14 year old shoot an AK47, and what's he doing with one of those anyway?
    'I don't care anymore' is baloney. Yes you do. You want people to care and they don't know how and are uncomfortable about it. You gloss right over the molested part and pretend it was nothing (survival - easier to say you don't care than to suffer, but you are suffering anyway). So please say how old you were, who molested you, what they did to you, and how long it lasted. And why doesn't anyone know about it. Then we can start to talk about how to proceed.

Dec 30, 2011, 03:20 PM
    My brother is 20 and he got the gun for Christmas. My dad was there too. I was molested once by my other brothers friend Alex when I was 13 (last year).
    ElfGirl777 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2011, 07:38 PM
    I am sorry that you are going through this.It WILL get better.Please don't give up.Perhaps there is someone else somewhere who feels the same things & longs for a friend like you.Maybe they are waiting for you.Don't make them wait forever by giving up on the future.NOBODY is worthless.I used to be depressed,suicidal & cut too(when I was a teenager).I am now in my 30's & have a wonderful son who the world would've missed out on if I had made the selfish choice to take my own life... Please talk to a school counselor about your feelings.ALSO,being molested is not something that is "gotten over".You may have suppressed your feelings but you have the right to feel safe.I hope the person that did this is NOT around anymore.You need to let someone you trust know what happened.PLEASE talk to a school counselor and call the National Suicide Prevention line:1-800-273-TALK (8255) to get you the help that you need.
    (http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/)Good luck.I hope that you can find happiness because you DO deserve it... ♥Stay strong & please take it one day at a time; )Also try to find something POSITIVE to do with your extra time.Alcohol will only make depression worse.
    Ps.104 lbs. @ 14 years old is NOT fat & even if someone is fat,they can still be beautiful & loved; )... Good luck again.

Dec 30, 2011, 10:25 PM
    My school us small and doesn't have a counsilor but I will def look into the phone line. Thank u so much. It's people like you who give me hope. <3
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2011, 10:28 PM
    Are you a poet or a writer? You should be if you aren't.

Dec 30, 2011, 10:39 PM
    Wondergurl: I write music with lyrics and used to sell CDs. Funny u should say that. Music really helps het stress out.(:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2011, 11:30 PM
    Your original post is full of imagery. How could you possibly think of suicide when you have such a wonderful gift? You've already started to share that gift with the world. There's so much promise in you with such a creative spirit!

Dec 30, 2011, 11:50 PM
    Wondergurl: Aw thank you... Ur so sweet to say that.
    I think I am bipolar... I've been taking lots of tests and gotten positive results for all of them. I told my ma today and she said "okay do you're an official polar bear now?" and she laughed at me. She handled cutting the same way when she noticed it for the first time when I was 13. But I've never opened up to her because I know her enough to know she won't understand. Or care. But I think bipolar disorder may actually be the problem if I've done my research right...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2011, 11:55 PM
    Always, always, always reframe. Consider your mother's comment a sweet, affectionate comment rather than an insult. What more endearing animal is there besides a kitten or a puppy but a baby polar bear? Have you see videos of Siku, the orphaned one that is being hand-raised?

Animal Tracks - Sweet Siku: Orphaned polar bear cub shows off antics on TODAY

Dec 31, 2011, 12:50 AM
    Wondergurl: aww, siku is so cute <3 I guess my ma's comment wasn't bad. It just felt like a slap in the face because she seemed so apathetic. And it kind of triggered my memory to the cutting thing when she first found out.
    Guys, great news. I haven't cut at all today although I've been drinking I'm getting better!! Thank you so much for your love and support. I love you all.(:
    ElfGirl777 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2011, 01:25 AM
    Good job!: )Keep it up.(I feel bad when my son looks at all the old scars on my arms)... Remember~One day at a time.Try not to let this crazy world bring you down.You sound like a great person that has much to offer this world.Hope this New Year is the one where things get better for you; )Happy New Year to you!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 31, 2011, 04:56 AM
    Yay, WI!! We wish we could be there in person with you to give you a big hug!

Here's a secret straight from psychology: You know how contagious viruses and bad colds are. Well, feelings and attitudes are like them. How you act rubs off on others and causes them to act the same way, sort of like spreading viruses and colds. That means, if you are grumpy, other people will "catch" your grumpiness and be grumpy too. If you are cheerful and sweet, they will try to be too.

It might take a bit of practice until you have the technique down right, so try it and see if I know what I'm talking about. For instance, instead of posting the video of Siku, I could have say something mean to you. Then you would have given me an "unhelpful" and said something mean back to me. That would have gotten you a mean comment from someone else. So you see how I was able to stop that mean "virus" from getting passed on just with Siku? It's that easy!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 31, 2011, 05:33 AM
    Hi Siku (wish we could change our IDs on this site - I change mine a lot on ebay).
    When you are young and at home, your parents are just these adults who are supposed to love you. When they don't, or are cruel, it isn't easy to see them as people who have problems too. My mother was like yours, because she had a tough life and didn't cave in to it so told me I couldn't either. She was really mean and angry. Anyway, maybe something happened to your mother in her life that makes her the way she is.

You do need to talk to someone about the molestation, even if it was 'just' once. Once or twice or a million doesn't matter. Is there any adult you can talk to?

Dec 31, 2011, 08:54 AM
    Everyone: I love you so much. Thank you for spending time on this site to help me out! I've been improving myself a lot lately and I'm listening to your advice. Today I'm meeting up with a girl I really don't like and I'm making her some cookies-hoping to spread the love because she says she's not been doing the best lately. Let's see how this goes!(:
    Also... If you'd like to email me I will update you on how the progress is going.
    Just call me siku(:
    I have been looking for someone I can talk to about Alex, but I'm not sure who I can talk to. My mom was looking on my Facebook messages (creeper :P) and she saw a conversation that Alex and I had about it. He was just mad at me and I was asking why he did it. So she asked me what happened and I just told her that he kissed me on the cheek and that's all. But it was worse... So do you have a recommendation of who I should tell?
    Love,
    Siku

Dec 31, 2011, 08:56 AM
    Btw my email is >email address deleted for privacy<
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 31, 2011, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WorthlessIdiot View Post
    Today I'm meeting up with a girl I really don't like and I'm making her some cookies-hoping to spread the love because she says she's not been doing the best lately. let's see how this goes!(:
    That is the most wonderful and perfect thing you can do -- spread the love to someone who needs a boost!

I removed your email address and messaged you why I did that. Be very, very careful, Siku. (I really like how you grabbed onto that name--much better than "WorthlessIdiot," don't you think?? )

Can you tell us anything about Alex here?

Dec 31, 2011, 09:46 AM
    About the email... Yeah I got you.(: and Alex is now 18. He's my brothers ex best friend and was a "closer" friend of mine when I was younger. Obv. That didn't work out...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 31, 2011, 09:50 AM
    Would it really be helpful at all to talk about Alex and dwell on it more than you have already? He's history, a piece of life experience from which you learned a big lesson, and so why not move forward from here?

I'm all for moving forward, and will help you do that however I can.

Dec 31, 2011, 09:54 AM
    To be honest I think I am over him. It's just when I sleep in the bed we slept on I get broken down. I don't know why that would be a problem, yet it somehow is. That doesn't bother me much though. Bistcally I need to just think positively.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Feel Worthless [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me this is my last hope for someone to help me. Im 13 and well I'm having a few problems at the moment. I've had some school issues but its an illness why I can't go and now I'm being home-schooled. Since I've been having the problems my mom and everything else around me has been...

I feel worthless and unwanted [ 8 Answers ]

I am 33 years old a mother of 3 for the past year I have been going through a lot and I feel worthless and unwanted I have bad mood swings all my bones in my body ache all the time I have lost all my sexual desires. My life I feel is over I make everyday miserable for everyone in it I don't mean to...

I feel worthless, am I going to be alone forever? [ 3 Answers ]

I finally got my first kiss about a month ago, and I'm 18. It was from a guy everyone calls 'manwhore'. I didn't like him at the time, I just was sick of waiting for a kiss so I just did it. I thought that was where it would end with him and I was fine with that. But then he started texting me, and...

I hate this. I feel like I'm worthless [ 13 Answers ]

Everyone in my grade has something romantic going on except me! No one has really asked me out this year, and no one has officially admitted to liking me. And the guy I like is really shaky with me, I mean he never talk to me, but he has talked about me to my friends, and sometiemes I see him...

I feel worthless, do I have anxiety? [ 7 Answers ]

I think I have some kind of anxiety disorder or something. I don't want to do things that I should want to do. Im 19 I have no license, no job, and I still live with my parents. I have no ambition to do the things normal people my age are doing, like breaking away from my parents and doing things...

View more questions Search