Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eddie683 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 01:39 PM
    My min pin
    My min pin was spayed, she is a year old now, she has lately been acting like she wants to mate with my wife's feet,specifically the toe.there is no blood involved and I asked the vet and she said that this is strange behavior.is it
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2007, 01:57 PM
    We just had a discussion on a similar note, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/n...ing-60390.html As in the other thread, much of the humping is about who is top dog, not sex. Some dogs express their dominance in different ways. Dogs see all the people and dogs in the household as a pack with each having their own rank in the pack and a top dog. Life is much easier if the 2 legged pack members outrank the 4 legged ones. You can learn to play the role of top dog by reading some books or going to a good obedience class. A good obedience class or book is about you being top dog, not about rewarding standard commands with a treat. Start at Raising Your Dog with the Monks of New Skete For more on being top dog, see Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position It is common as dogs mature to develop behaviors challenging the rest of the pack. She is ready to take over from your wife as the top female. I would suggest if you wife dissents, that she is the one that does the obedience training.

For a list of good books, see https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251804

I am a little surprised the vet found it strange, perhaps the toe fetish.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pin-action [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any studies or statistics showing the relationship between the weight of the ball used and the number of strikes?

AZ min. Wage? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knows what the minimum wage in Arizona is?

Max and min points [ 1 Answers ]

How do you find the maximum and the minimum point of a qudratic eqaution?:D

Help me plez just take 5 min [ 4 Answers ]

OK I really still like my ex a lot and all my friends tell me he still likes me.but somedays when I see him he is so nice to us but when we all talk about how we need to talk this over he says I don't want to talk to you guys right now.but he calls me sometime and whenever I c him he just stares at...

Min. Daschund is too attached [ 2 Answers ]

I can't seem to get my min. daschund to stop following me. He is 3 months, and every time I sit down he crawls in my lap. He also crys very loudly when I leave him (whether it's alone or with someone else). I have only had him for two days, and I don't understand how he can be this attached in such...

View more questions Search