Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hemeradroma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 07:39 PM
    "expanding" a receptacle with a power strip--what are the limitations?
    I want to convert a utility room into a pantry/kitchen extension. The room has one standard double receptacle low down on the wall intended for plugging in a washing machine. I want receptacles at counter height for the new configuration. I would like to have at least 4 receptacles to plug in a microwave, toaster, possibly a coffeemaker and occasionally a crockpot or coffee grinder.

Question: To cut costs, rather than hiring an electrician to install new receptacles I am thinking of using a power strip plugged into the existing receptacle and securing it to the wall or countertop.

Does this sound feasible?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2011, 04:04 AM
    None of the appliances, except maybe the coffee grinder, will work safely on an extension cord, which is what a power strip is.
    Alroy52 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2012, 09:29 PM
    No not a good idea. Kitchen appliances should have there own power supply they draw lots of power

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Statute of limitations on asking for "missing" payment after a mistake [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, What are the statute of limitations for asking someone for a payment that was otherwise "missed"? For example; I purchased a house back in May/June 2008 and I cleared all my payments to my lawyer straight away. I just received a letter in the mail stating that he was looking over his...

"Statues of Limitations" for Superior Court In California [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the "statues of limitations" are for wage garnishments from a judgement in a Superior Court in California? I have a judgement against me that was filed in 1998 & the finance co./lawyer have been able to garnish my wages up until 2006 when I was laid-off from my last job? Now I...

"strip" hair color [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all! I am new and I guess I am blind. I know I was supposed to ask this question in the "appropriate" category but I didn't see one for my question. I would just like to know what to do in order to "strip" hair color off my hair so I can be all natural? Something that will not "fry" my scalp...

View more questions Search