Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninquie10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 03:10 PM
    How can I become an actress?
    I love acing... It's one of my favorite things to do. I really want to become an actress but there are a few problems:

One is that I live in a small city in Canada... I've checked out tons of audition websites but most of them are either in the U.S. Or in Ontario. My parents won't drive me that far just to audition.

Two is that my family is not rich. We have enough money to buy all the necessity's and some extras but defiantly not enough to get head shots, an agent, acting classes and stuff like that.

Three is that I don't lots of experience. I act with my school and I have done some small acting classes and stuff but because of the other problems (above) haven't really got to join big productions or classes. I can sing and dance but I don't take Official' lessons for singing and even though I can dance I'm not sure the dance I do is what producers are looking for.

Four is I'm only a kid. I mean I'm old enough I'm not quite classified a teen, but to know what I would like to do with my life... I've researched lots about acting and I'd really like to be and actress, but my parents don't seem as enthusiastic about it. I talked with my mom about it and she said that it might not happen because I don't have and experience...

I really want to become an actress and I'm willing to work hard, I just need to know were to start.

Please help!
    Mini_Her Posts: 145, Reputation: 4

Dec 29, 2011, 03:22 PM
    You don't have to pay for agency representation. If an agency ask for money, it's a scam. Legitimate agencies only get paid AFTER you work a job (they'd take 20% of your check). At your age it would be better for your parents to do the research and find an agency and photographer for you. Those guys would take advantage of you. I don't know of any agencies in Canada, besides the ones in Ontario, so your location might be a problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for actress [ 4 Answers ]

In the movie "The color Purple" what happened to the actress who played Cele?

Becoming an actress [ 5 Answers ]

How many years of college would it take to become an actress

Name of actress? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to complete a trivia contest in a newspaper. I have all but one question answered: "On screen, this New Jersey-raised actress bonded with Bond, wed Fred and kicked up her heels with Kelly. Name her." Thank you very much in advance for any help that anyone can give! Bill

View more questions Search