Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hellberg_c Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 01:36 PM
    GED college grants
    Ok I hate high school and I'm miserable the way our school is run, has caused me pain and psychological issues. I'm going to drop out and get my GED. I have very big plans for the future which include college. Are there Oregon grants or scholarships for me if I get my associates degree at a community college and want to go to the state college to further my education?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2011, 01:48 PM
    Yes. Why don't you think college won't also cause you psychological issues and pain?

It is MUCH easier to get into a community college with a high school diploma than it is with a GED.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 29, 2011, 02:01 PM
    Getting a GED is very hard work. Lessons are condensed into a much shorter time. Tests are long and difficult. You'd be better off finishing high school (plus, like Judy mentioned, the regular h.s. diploma is worth much more).

If you don't believe me, page through some of the GED study guides and sample tests that are shelved at your local public library.

Can you give us more info about your anger at your school and the administration? I might have some tips for you on how to change things there. If you're unhappy, I'm guessing other students are pulling out their hair too.
    hellberg_c Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 04:33 PM
    I can get into a co, unity collage either what you don't understand is going through the amount of school I have with the way it is ran here I have tried to kill myself four times I have scars from people there I refuse I didn't ask for someone to tell me to go to high school I asked if there were grants that's all I want to know leave your suggestions out... thanxx
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2011, 06:51 PM
    Sorry you will find fault with college or tech school, guess what it is not fair, teaches are jerks in all of them often.

You finish school, you learn how to deal with stress of school. If not college will be worst. Once you learn to run from it, it gets easier to run each time.
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2011, 07:54 AM
    After reading your nasty response to the very people trying to help you I would guess your teachers will be very, very happy when you quit and walk out the door.

You can't apply for grants until you graduate from your GED program. No one can predict the future and what the "grant" situation will be when (and if) you get your GED.

And you are going to get into college with a GED AND with grants? Let us know how that works out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2011, 09:28 AM
    There are no grants and loans for for GED
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2011, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    There are no grants and loans for for GED
    Amen!
    richardlusk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 06:38 PM
    Sorry there are certainly grants and scholarships that you may qualify for if you only have a GED. You can get into a community college even without one. You finish a term or two on your own. You work and pay for it then you apply with the financial aid office. They give you loans and provide you with the opportunity to apply for grants. The better your grades the more grants you are approved for. Don't listen to the negative nancies here. I dropped out of High school, got a GED, now at a State university working on my masters 5 years later. You can do it man. Just don't get caught up in taking out too many loans. Pay for school as you can and get enough good grades to be marketable for grants. Join the Military. The reserves will send you to training and then when you return your will get guaranteed assistance with school plus you'll be a soldier which makes you more marketable with the work force.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for GED [ 5 Answers ]

How do I apply for a government grant to obtain my GED?

Ged grants? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get a grant for taking the GED test?

GED Grants [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a such thing as a GED grant ?

Ca ged grants? [ 2 Answers ]

I am disabled with disk disease I want to take a course in graphic design.I went to school for 12 years but did not finsh.where can I get a free ged test so I can start college.I live in ca on 728.00 a month. Bob lateano littlerock ca >removed<

Grants for ged [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a grant that I can receive to get my g e d.

View more questions Search