Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supermom_85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 09:22 AM
    What should you be able to see when you look into the throat of a 7 year old?
    I am in the process of trying to get my 7 year old son to quit sucking his thumb. A couple weeks ago he told my mom that there is a rock in his throat and it doesn't hurt when he sucks his thumb and that's why he does it... Yesterday I was playing with the kids and looking in their mouth with a little flashlight. I noticed that in the back of my son's throat I could see something that looks like its coming straight up from his throat. Its white and looks tubular... I'm not sure if this is something normal or I should be worried. I tried looking at the other kids to see if the same thing was there but they are younger and couldn't really get them to hold still so I could see good. Thought I saw something in my 4 year old but not sure...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2011, 09:43 AM
    Call a doctor!
    ElfGirl777 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2011, 05:51 PM
    Definitely call a doctor as soon as possible!Good luck to him...
    supermom_85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 12:53 PM
    I did... I posted this while I was waiting for the dr appt... and yes I ended up feeling mighty stupid when I was told it was the top of his windpipe... apparently most kids don't open their mouths wide enough to be able to see this ordinarily... thanks though

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Throat closing [ 1 Answers ]

ABout 6 months ago, I was working and had swallowed wrong, and my throat had closed up and I couldn't breathe. It didn't last long, and it eventually became normal after a minute or so... seemed like hours to me! My co workers said I had gotten so red they were ready to call 911. Since that...

My sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

:(I've been having a sore throat for more than a month does that mean maybe I have to remove my tunsils?

Sore throat [ 4 Answers ]

Dear everyone, Lately,I have a score throat every morning when I wake up, but after a couple of hours the pain is gone. I am totally fine. I am wondering why is that? The temp has been crazy lately too, if that will help you determine my case. Thanks:)

Sore throat! [ 8 Answers ]

I've had a sore throat for 3 days and now I have congestion and sneezing with it. When should I see my doctor and is this anything to worry about?:confused:

View more questions Search