Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ben42day Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 08:22 AM
    50's film noir type movie, Need to find the name of it!
    I would like to know the name of a movie I seen of a guy who get's back from the military or the war? Anyway he comes home to a town taken over by the local mob. He finally gets his father involed by running for a maybe local office? The mob runs over a kid on a bike and his father gets killed so he finds the killer who actually is someone that portrays he's a friend of the family. At the end he narrates a small part leading me to believe it was a true story and happened in a small town in america and the star could even of been the character, not sure but in the narration tells about the running for office and I believe maybe the cleaning up of the town. Anyway if this sounds familiar do you know the name? Ben
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Dec 29, 2011, 11:03 AM
    The Phenix City Story

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old 1950's film noir type movie! [ 1 Answers ]

This was a movie where I guy comes home from the military, I think, and he gets involved trying to stop local mobsters and his father who is going to run for some office gets killed and he takes his dads place. I have only seen this guy in one movie who stars in it but he looks familiar like maybe...

Classic B & W - film noir - suspense type 40's / 50's movie [ 0 Answers ]

"Want to know the name of a movie. 1940's-50's i think- maybe a Hitchcock movie. About a couple- husband working in financila business- embezzles huge sums. Eventually they want a new crime free life with their wealth. The day they plan to leave the husband brings the car to the back door loads up...

Film noir [ 2 Answers ]

I've seen this particular film one time on either AMC or TCM several years ago.It is NOT "Murder My Sweet" or "Cry Danger", although the plot line is similar. I know the following description may not be much help, because the elements are so common in this genre... but, here goes: A guy gets mixed...

Need title of recent film about cruzing in the 50's [ 1 Answers ]

The movie trailor said "Better than American Graffiti" Someone on my xmas list wants it. I don't know a single actor. He said it was recent... I guess it could be :eek: 2005? 06?

View more questions Search