Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Poinjyhbterg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 06:07 AM
    Dell Latitude D600
    I have a dell latitude d600 and I was on the Internet when the blue screen of death appeared but I didn't know what to do so I followed the on screen instructions and restarted the laptop.Then when I turned it back on again a screen came up saying "Primary hard disk drive 0 not found" and whatever I do I can't get passed it.PLEASE HELP ME!
    SarahGoesRawrxD Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2011, 06:36 AM
    Burnout- First isolate the software possibilities. Go into Bios (tap F2 at boot up) and check "Drives". Make sure its enabled.Try resetting the BIOS (turn on all 3 lights:numlock, caps, and scroll, then hit ALT + E, then ALT + F, then ALT + B) it'll reboot automatically. If still no HDD, run system diagnostics (tap F12 and choose "diagnostics") start with "custom tests/ HDD/ confidence test" that a fairly quick test, but you can do a full scale HDD test by just choosing "all tests" under HDD catagory.
    Or you can use the "Resource CD" that came with the PC, put it in the drive and boot from it (tap F12 and choose CD/DVD drive) and run diagnostics from that.
    I also think maybe if theres a RAM problem, it won't find the HDD, Open the memory door on the back and reseat the RAM.If you have two Ram modules, try removing one and boot. Then try the other.
    Try using a soft pencil eraser and cleaning the HDD connector on the HDD. Clean off any crumbs afterwards, reseat and boot.
    Or Try The Second Option.!

~ Check for a loose hard drive interface or power cable first. Check the interface cable at the motherboard as well. When you power up the computer can you hear the hard drive spinning? If not you may have a faulty hard drive or a bad power supply, both of which could have caused the BSOD. Is all the other information in your BIOS correct? If not, you may need to replace the CMOS battery.
    ~ if you isn't an ICT pro don't try this xD tke it to the repair worskhop :)
    Hope This helped :D
    ~ Sarah ~

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I bought a dell D600 and was sent a dell D360, is that better? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a dellD600 laptop and was sent a DellD630... should I be happy? Is this a better cpu?

Upgrading memory of my laptop (Dell latitude D600) [ 2 Answers ]

I am upgrading my laptop with a 1gb of memory. At the moment there are 2 - 256mb memory cards in. Should I leave one of these in and would I get 1.256gb of memory. The 1gb memory is 333mhz and the 256mb is 266mhz. Is this a problem.

Dell latitude won't go wifi [ 2 Answers ]

The connection to my house was terminated. Another laptop is getting a wifi connection. Why can't my dell latitude get wifi.

Dell latitude d620 [ 3 Answers ]

Is it normal that the lcd of the dell latitude d620 is that dimm

View more questions Search