Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Akash Shetty Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Biotech or biomedical science
    Could any one please tell me the difference between biotechnology and bio medical sciences and the career options available for both. Which one has a better scope in the future? Thank u.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2007, 02:21 PM
    They are both excellent career paths, in demand, and growing. It depends on your personal tastes and what you want out of a career.

Biotechnology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Program in Biomedical Sciences (PIBS)
    (just to give you an idea)

The career paths for both are various - you can get your degree and go further for your PhD and the world is your oyster for placement opportunities.

Just do some searching - the net will pop up dozens of places.

Good luck.
    Akash Shetty Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Thank u shygrneyzs
    karthikchinnappa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Akash Shetty
    could any one please tell me the difference between biotechnology and bio medical sciences and the career options available for both. which one has a better scope in the future? thank u.
    The scope is wide open 4 biotechnology than biomedicalsciences...
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Jul 2, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Well in short and comprehensive way
    BIOTECHNOLOGY; is the combination of technology with biology... it amy involve several other techniques, as bioinformatics , molecualr technology and many others... as far as BIOMEDICAL is concerned ,it includes further fields of biomedical euipments and machinery... usd in biomedical imaging or other aplications... I think better to go for BIOTECHNOLOGY as it is a very vast field and scientists in this field are serving and earning better . I have worked as a biotechnologist too. That is why I would like you to pursue in this field .
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Jul 8, 2007, 11:21 PM
    Thanks cinnabar
    I hope it helped you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Information regarding MS in biotech [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a TY.Bsc student of biotech.I want to know some good universities in US which offer MS in biotechnology.Also I would like to know how to proceed with admissions,finance etc,I would be glad if someone helps me out Thanks

Biotech [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am trying to enter into the biotech industry , I have a clinical background and trying to get my foot in the door. Please help . Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you, Ek

View more questions Search