Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theboys3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Dec 28, 2011, 10:05 AM
    Do I have a lawsuit?
    Hello,I'm woundeing if ihave a lawsuite.I think I can sue the local police dept.county jail.news dispatch and my ex employer. I received a 300 adcance frommy ex boss and dident return on time to do the job.hes gets angry and instead of fileing a small claims cause he slanders my name to friends family and police telling them he seen me me.steal tools.I was arrested on dec 2nd and orderd released on dec 8th .I wasent released until dec 22nd.my case was dismissd on the 8th in open court because no probable cause.my boss in the mean time decided to drop charges but by the they were dismissd.also while in jail I had to sleep on the bare floo for 2 days with no MAT! the local news dispatch posted an add about me on dec 17th say I was charged with c felon burglury.and faces 2-8 years etc... like I said my charges were dismissd on dec 8th.. if any body has any info pleases let me know I'm tryn to find out if I csn sue any body.ive lost work.selfemployed mechanic,time with family,time.it was very stressful on me and my loced ones
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2011, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by theboys3 View Post
    hello,im woundeing if ihave a lawsuite.i think i can sue the local police dept.county jail.news dispatch and my ex employer. i recived a 300 adcance frommy ex boss and dident return on time to do the job.hes gets angry and insted of fileing a small claims cause he slanders my name to friends family and police telling them he seen me me.steal tools.i was arrested on dec 2nd and orderd released on dec 8th .i wasent released untill dec 22nd.my case was dismissd on the 8th in open court because no probable cause.my boss in the mean time decided to drop charges but by the they were dismissd.also while in jail i had to sleep on the bare floo for 2 days with no MAT!!the local news dispatch posted an add about me on dec 17th say i was charged with c felon burglury.and faces 2-8 years ect...like i said my charges were dismissd on dec 8th ..if any body has any info pleases let me know im tryn to find out if i csn sue any body.ive lost work.selfemployed mechanic,time with family,time period.it was very stressful on me and my loced ones

I have no idea what the Jail News Dispatch is but if they simply reported what they were told I see little grounds for a lawsuit.

Your boss doesn't drop charges. He files a complaint. The Police take over from there.

Parts of this story do not make sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a lawsuit [ 2 Answers ]

We live in a very small Minnesota community. The Cooperative manager was replaced 11 years ago. Upon hire, he replaced all but one clerk under the rumor they were seeking union representation. My wife, brand new to the community, was hired as one of the replacements not knowing the reason previous...

Insurance lawsuit vs. Personal lawsuit [ 2 Answers ]

My parents recently are trying to work through an insurance settlement for a car accident involving my brother. He was injured. They hired lawyer to assist with the settlement. A sheriff brought a letter to the others involved stating my parents intent to sue. They had thought it was within...

Do I have a lawsuit? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently went to a dental chain & had some work done. The dr suggested I get veneers since I was not happy with my stains. I explained I would be moving across state & would purchase them if they were ready in time. Needless to say, they weren't. I flew back in Oct for the procedure. It all went...

Do I have a lawsuit [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 2nd degree burn at work changing the fryers. I was improperly trained and we are not supposed to change the fryers while there on but they made me I got burned and they continued to make me work. I didn't fill out and accident report until a week later and they offered no medical attention

Lawsuit [ 1 Answers ]

My, now out of business, corporation has been sued by a purveyor and they have obtained a judgement against it. My question is, If the name of the corporation is wrong in the lawsuit, is the judgement binding?

View more questions Search