Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenrick045 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 01:53 PM
    Computer have no drivers and is completely blank?
    Hey, my mother is in the army and she got me an alienware laptop but it is tottaly blanked . Like swept clean. But the computer turns on and works fine to a certain point. Then problem is when I just turn it on its asking for a OS. But when ever I put windows 7 in it and run it it only gets to the point where it is asking for drivers. But the whole box is empty so I can't run any drivers. I've been upset with this for a while now to the point that I'm probably going to just toss it in the trash. Another thing I would like to mention is it seems like there is a OS on the hard drive just copied on their .I can run windows 7 without having the disc in it. So I guess its just on the hard drive.I would really like to know what I can do with this please.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 28, 2011, 02:14 PM
    Firstly how old is this machine as it may be simpler to send it back to Alienware for a warranty repair ?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Dec 29, 2011, 10:51 PM
    Go to the alienware manufacturers site and contact tech support telling them your model number. It may be possible to get the machine back to factory defaults if it has a hidden recovery partition. Their tech guys would know.
    mandrea09 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 07:42 PM
    I would try warranty repair first if it is an option, secondly, I would go to alienware website and input your model and make of laptop, and then download all the drivers onto a flash drive, then when it gets to the point of asking for drivers, just load them onto the machine. That should fix your driver problem and if that does not work, then try running repair off windows 7 disk that you have and it will reload the OS drivers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer will not boot up completely.. Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My avg scanner says I have a virus c:TDD.EXE trojan horse dropper. Agent.cro Also partition table MBR reads error and boot sector of disk reads error. What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Computer drivers [ 4 Answers ]

I have lost my computer drivers recently, then I formated my PC using Windows XP 2006 CD. When I am done with it, I found NO SOUND coming out from computer, what is reason? And how can I download my computer driver from the internet?

Computer goes blank [ 3 Answers ]

When I turn on my computer.. there is sound but its normal sound and my screen stay blank... and I can't see nothing. So anyone knows what's the problem?

How to completely shut down my computer [ 3 Answers ]

My computer is basically trashed. I cannt do anything, I'm lucky to be doing thisand I've asked every where. So here it goes, How do I completely shut my computer down, I mean get an "as new look" Please don't ak me if I mean all these diff names. Because everyone calls things diff names and I am...

View more questions Search