Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SUSZANNAH Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2004, 05:21 PM
    Vivitar ViviCam 3815
    Having problems installing this camera, using Win Me, it says I don't need a driver for it, but it's not coming up as a removable disc, any help would be appreciated, just a learner, many thanks in advance.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 18, 2005, 08:25 PM
    Help
    I will tell anyone here that if they are experiencing Windows ME problems, instead of wasting time working with it, to fix it, get another OS, WinXP or go back 98SE anything except WINME, it's the worst operating system ever made,
    Microsoft admits this and has therefore stopped all technical support to this product,as they suggest you get rid of it themselves, that should tell you how bad it is, get something more stable.

If you keep working with ME you will keep having problems like this, don't fight with it, get rid of it. :cool:
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 19, 2005, 07:05 AM
    Vivicam 3815
    It does indeed say that Win ME does not need driver files for the Vivicam 3815.You can download the driver for Win 98 SE,at the Vivitar web site,but good old 'emeee' is nowhere to be found.Wendy has advised you to 'dump' ME,and I can't agree more.It is /was a hopeless OS.
    Yet Microsoft always do something you don't expect! If your interested,go to http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifean1 and take a look at what they say about continuing support for ME.
    Then view http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifewinextndfaq and see the Q&A section.

If you can,use 98 SE,or upgrade to XP.Then your camera will work fine with either OS.
    Good luck Suszannah,
    Nez. :D
    twizzle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2005, 01:50 PM
    vivitar 3815
    Hi can anyone help me , can't seem to get any sound on play back is there a setting for this twizzle
    Saga lout Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2005, 04:57 AM
    Cannot Get Vivicam 3815 Digital Camera Working With PC
    Hello
    I have a Vivicam 3815 digital camera and have tried in vain to get it working with my PC. I have seen you guys with Windows Me having trouble. I am running Windows Xp Pro and I'm having the same trouble. The thing beeps when I connect the USB cable, but the icon for the camera does not appear on the My Computer screen. When I try to load images through Roxio Photosuite or Photoshop nothing happens, camera not detected error comes up. Any ideas what needs to be done anyone?
    Regards
    John Oz
    twizzle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2005, 01:40 PM
    Pictures
    Hi John
    If you go on Google and download picasa2 it searches all your photo`s for you and sorts them out into dates from their you can just click on get pictures from camera / scanner and it imports them for you might help you out
    Matty :) :)
    Saga lout Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2005, 08:45 AM
    the saga of vivitar vivicam 3815 (continued)
    First Matty, thanks for putting me on to the Picassa program, it's really good. Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem.
    I now have the camera, 2 flatbed scanners ( a Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus and Trust compact scan USB 1200) and a card reader, all USB and all not working.
    The computer appears to be attaching them to the computer incorrectly. When I go into Device Manager all my working USB devices (broadband modem and printer) are attached to the USB branch. Anything I try to add, like the camera, Trust scanner, card reader. Is being listed in a new branch created by the computer labeled "Other Devices". This is showing 4 items with yellow question mark, 2 X USB Controller and 2 X USB Device. The PB scanner is being shown in it's branch under Imaging Device. At least that is being identified by name. But it still doesn't work.
    I'm getting to the stage where I'm beginning to think that the only answer is a big hammer
    Please someone help before I snap.
    Regards
    John
    hollytw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2005, 07:05 PM
    Connectors
    My friend gave me her old digitar camera, the Vivitar 3815, but she didn't give me any software or anything to connect it to my computer. I know just about nothing when it comes to digital cameras. So I have no idea what to buy so that I can download my pics to my computer. Help please. I think that the cord that attaches my camera to the comp. is called a USB, but what type, and were do I get it? Sorry, I'm helpless!
    jenepher Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2005, 03:59 PM
    Power won't come on
    I have a Vivi Cam 3815 and I was transferring pictures and it came unplugged. I wasn't able to turn it off so I took the batteries out and now it won't come on. Is there a reset button on it?
    littlebitml Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Yes, I have the same problems with the Vivitar3815 camera. I have windows Vista and when I had Windiws XP my driver downloaded but now it won't work. I bought a drive from someone on Ebay and hope this works, well it better since I bought it..
    davie325 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Do what I done buy a card reader and sort your pictures though that its easy and great stuff
    littlebitml Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Thank you and I did just that because someone at my work told me to do the same thing.
    Thank you anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search