Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lovemyway Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 09:52 PM
    Mobile/Manufactured home foreclosure in Michigan
    Hi, All,

My friend has decided to leave her mobile home and move in with her boyfriend. She purchased her mobile home in 2003, lost her job three months later, and got another job which she has had for seven years. Unfortunately, she has never quite been able to recoup from those three months of being unemployed back in 2003, and she was even able to do a consolidation/refinance with a local, reputable (and, in her opinion, "uptight and persnickety") credit union in an effort to wash away her credit card debt and manufactured home loan. She was able to do this when the economy here in Michigan was better, before the market "tanked." She definitely owes more on the home than it is worth (I know that mobile homes can depreciate at a rate of $1,000 per day, right? I know, it is a slight exaggeration).

Now, the credit union will not work with her and she has been served with a court date to comply with foreclosure proceedings. My question is threefold: 1) What recourse does she have in "stalling" the foreclosure proceedings? 2) Would filing for bankruptcy be her best option, as she cannot afford to make any payments/settle with her credit union? 3) Will she have her current wages garnished and will collection agencies and court officers track her down relentlessly if she does not attempt to comply with paying back her loan?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home repossesion laws in Michigan [ 7 Answers ]

My mother-in-law was in the hospital for over a month. She's now home but will not be going back to work as she is very ill with cancer. She has a mobile home in Michigan in a mobile home park. She has a title to the mobile home. She had a small social security payment and gets monthly from her...

Mobile Home Foreclosure in Michigan [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently living in a family members mobile home in Michigan that they have not been paying on. I only pay lot rent and have no contract with anyone regarding the arrangements. Recently I found out that maybe a little over 2 months ago the mobile home went into foreclosure. I don't know all...

Foreclosure of a mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

My mobile home was repossed and is now owned by someone else. I was never notified by the mortgage company. This mobile home is still on my land. Does the new owner have to pay for keeping the home on the land? Thanks, Maryalice

Mobile home foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I sold a mobile home to a friend for 15,000 in may at 300 amonth plus lot fees,trash fees,home owners insurance the sale was as is,the conditions of sale were we all signed this agreement,first of she wasn't there even a month she got a cancellation and eventually cancelled her...

Mobile home foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a situation where I have to move from my mobile home. I have listed it with a couple of sights, but am probably going to have to just walk away. I have another place lined up already. Doi they garnish wages in MIchigan? I am not sure what the best move is for me here.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.