Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irishjohn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 05:39 PM
    Androgel and EtG?
    Can Androgel (an alcohol based analgesic for testosterone replacement)cause a positive reading for EtG?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2011, 06:13 PM
    The sheet on Androgel indicates an Ethanol (EtOH) content of 67% (1)

Based on research of other topically applied agents with comparable EtOH content and inhaled incidental to use (2,3) it is likely that Androgel will create EtG and EtS at detectable levels.

Thanks for the question. This product wasn't on my list. Erin go Bragh!

1) RxList, Drug Description
    2) G. Skipper, MD website Ethylglucuronide
    3) Starkey, M, Pharmacy School Study
    irishjohn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 10:54 PM
    How about a product called "Somathil." It is a homeopathic drop that is supposed to encourage hgh production. It is absorbed through the skin but has an alcohol concentration of 10 percent. It caused my ignition interlock to shut my car down.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2011, 11:09 PM
    John,

I didn't run an extensive survey on Somathil but my limited inquiry returns a consistent EtOH content of 20%. However, even at your claim of 10% (equivalent to wine) it is sufficient to trigger your ignition interlock and create EtG/EtS.

Once again Somathil was not on my list. I'm learning more from you than you from me.

Keep your questions coming.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG? [ 6 Answers ]

9 1/2 days ago me and cousin drank 3 pitchers of beer and each had 2 rum and cokes as well and a glass of wine. ETG test today. What are my chances?

DrBill100 - EtG really so overhyped? Now baffled: lab says 3 drinks=20-24hrs. EtG? [ 7 Answers ]

Dr.Bill, I have been researching both the validity and dangers of false positives and negatives of this test as it is used for criminal, employment, and child custody reasons. In addition to the variant cut-offs, incidental exposures, etc. I am flabbergasted by the amount of conflicting info out...

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

EtG [ 11 Answers ]

How long will alcohol stay in your urin

View more questions Search