Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisleaq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 10:17 AM
    Can I use a universal remote for a Cheshire II ceiling fan?
    I have a Harbor Breeze universal ceiling fan remote that says it cannot be used with flushmount fans, which the Cheshire II fan is. The sales guy told me it could be used together. When I called customer support the guy was so unhelpful as to suggest I look at another brand. Will they work together, or not?

Check out some similar questions!

Can I replace the remote for a ceiling fan with a universal or do I buy a new fan? [ 1 Answers ]

My remote transmitter was devoured by my new puppy. I bought a universal replacement, but it does not link up with the one in the fan. I was told by an electrician that I must buy a new fan and they can put the remote in it since the original fan came with its own remote. This seems a bit fishy....

Universal remote control for ceiling fan [ 6 Answers ]

I moved into a home that has a ceiling fan that operates only with a remote. The loght has a pull switch however the fan does not. As lucj would have it there is no remote. Additionally there is no manufacture name anywhere on the fan, blades, lights,motor, assembly, etc... etc.. I found a UL...

Universal Ceiling Fan Remote W/Reverse [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a universal ceiling fan remote with REVERSE for my Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/light fixture? Which models, where can I get them?

Installing a universal remote to a ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My husband and I are trying to install a remote to an existing ceiling fan. First obstacle it says that it is not usable with a ceiling at more than a 25 degree angle. We have a vaulted ceiling but not sure of the angle. Why is this a problem. Second obstacle, my husband doesn't see how...

Installing universal ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

My remote for my Hunter ceiling fan stopped working so I bought a Hunter universal remote control. The color wires do not match up. My fan has 6 wires, a black strip, yellow, pink, gray, red and white. My new remote has 5 wires, red (light), 2 white (neutral, common), 2 black (live in, fan). I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.