Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chubbycat2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 09:28 AM
    Bank acct frozen by writ in PA-use another bank?
    If I had a Writ of Execution filed and my checking acct was frozen, could I open up a checking acct in another bank for direct doposit purposes?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2011, 09:35 AM
    Yes, and if "they" locate it, that will also be frozen IF there is not enough in first account to settle the debt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen bank acct [ 5 Answers ]

My bank acct was frozen by a debt collector but I don't have the money to pay it off now, the debt collector told me I could make a payment arrangement with them but my unemployment check is not enough for me to start paying off my debt and he told me there's interest building on the debt everyday...

Frozen bank acct unfrozen [ 10 Answers ]

My bank savings and checking accts were frozen from a judgement. I have since filed bankruptcy and my accts were unfrozen and my checking acct money was released but my savings were taken. The judge stated that I could get that back but could not give any legal advice on how to do this. Is this...

Frozen bank acct [ 4 Answers ]

My bank account is supposed to be frozen and when I try to use my debit card its declined because the account is frozen but when I go to make transactions through paypal the transactions go through so exactly what's happening its not being posted to my acct but its going through with paypal...

Bank acct frozen [ 1 Answers ]

Just happened to me. I do online banking,found a negative available balance, my check is direct deposit. Had a judgement against me, I wrote letter committing to $50 a month, they accepted several checks, checked my balance the other day, after talking to my credit union-- my account is frozen for...

Frozen bank acct [ 3 Answers ]

I had my bank acct frozen... from a old credit card bill... that I forgot about because I've been moving around the country... I haven't got a bill in probley about 5 years... I have agreed to pay 200.00 a month... but did not sign the papers yet.. can I go bankrupt still... I can't afford 200.00...

View more questions Search