Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tya Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 14, 2004, 12:00 PM
    Zoology cladogram
    I'm trying to create a cladogram, and I'm not sure if I have it correct. I was given the Taxa Hydrozoa, Bivalvia, Nematoda, Mandibulata, Echinoidea, Squamata and Mammalia and organize them with six branches. I know that Squamata and Mammalia are a sister group. They are also deuterostomes along with Echinoidea. Nematoda and Mandibulata are a sister group, and they are protostomes. But do Hydrozoa and Bivalvia go together? Even though Bivalvia is a protostome and Hydrozoa isn't? I can't find common characteristics between them.
    Tya Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2004, 09:19 PM
    Zo cladogram
    I figured it out... Hydrozoa should be an outgroup, and the protostomes and deuterostomes should be grouped on separate branches.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting into zoology field [ 2 Answers ]

If I wanted a job in this field what kind of jobs would be open and what about requiremnts what's good education and training to have.

Cladogram construction [ 1 Answers ]

Kindly guide me to the process of cladogram construction through an appropriate software avalilable on line. I am using morphological data for such analysis and could not find any suitable software. Your immediate help will be highly appreciated. Thank you

View more questions Search