Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ruru96 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2011, 08:22 AM
    quadratic equations that factorise
    A rectangle is 6cm longer than it is wide.
    If its area is the same as that of a square of side 4cm find its dimensions.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2011, 12:36 AM
    Let the length be l and the width be w.

The length is longer than the width by 6, meaning:

l = w + 6

The area is the same as that of a square of side 4 cm. Can you find that area?

Then, you will know the area of the rectangle. Recall that the area of a rectangle is given by the product of the length and the width.

You will get two equations from that which you can go forward with simultaneous equations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quadratic Equations [ 1 Answers ]

P(x)=-a2 110x-1000

How to Factorise the following quadratic equation? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody please tell me how to solve the following equation? k^2 - 8K + 8 = 0

How to Factorise the following quadratic equation? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody please tell me how to solve the following equation? k^2 - 8K + 8 = 0

Fully factorise (quadratic algebra) [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: the worked example does not help me at all as I can not make sense out of it. This is the example 9 "x" squared - 6 "x" plus one =(3"x")squared - 2 multiplied by 3"x" multiplied by 1 + 1squared =(3"x"-1)squared when expanded how wold the get the origanal equation. all my...

Quadratic equations [ 2 Answers ]

1.paul rode his motorbike for X hours at an average speed of (30x + 5)km/h. if the total distance travelled was 385km find his average speed for the jorny? solve this question by using quadratic equations formula.:)

View more questions Search