Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a.s.awan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2011, 08:09 AM
    Questions on peacetv?
    Assalam-o-Alaikum.
    Hope you are fine.I am Abdul Salam Awan.I am a Lawyer by profession and practicing law at Lahore High Court,Lahore.Recently I came across a legal issue relating to Christian Law of Inheritance.One Lady (A) Christian by faith was burned to death by her husband(P).The lady died issue-less.Her father got registered a case,and after the trial her husband was sentenced to death by the Court of Sessions.In appeal before the High Court,the father of deceased entered into a compromise and pardoned the accused.Now the mother,one brother and father have got recorded their statements in favor of (P),except her other three brothers and two sisters.My question is that who are the true legal heirs of lady as per Bible and what are the verses which support me to the effect that only the mother and father are sufficient to make statement in favor of the accused? Abdul Salam Awan Attorney The Law Co.85-The Mall,Lahore
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2011, 10:22 AM
    There is not "Christian Law" Christians are under the civil law of the nation that they live. To my knowledge no nation is ruled by any Christian laws.
    graceyj20 Posts: 26, Reputation: 10

Dec 30, 2011, 10:19 PM
    As noted previously, there is not specific inheritance references for Christians but Romans 13:1 does note "13 Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God" (NWT). Whatever general laws the government has would seem applicable. There is much more detailed inheritance law under the Mosaic covenant but Christians are not bound to these as a new covenant was formed by Jesus.

You may find this scripture relevant the situation in general

"38 “YOU heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.' 39 However, I say to YOU: Do not resist him that is wicked; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other also to him. 40 And if a person wants to go to court with you and get possession of your inner garment, let your outer garment also go to him;" - Matthew 5:38-40 (NWT)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Rewrite these questions into indirect questions. [ 2 Answers ]

1-What other changes have there been in the last 100 years? 2-Do you think the quality of life in general is better now than it used to be? 3-Can computers ever replace teachers? 4-Do you agree that there are too many cars? 5-In what ways has life changed for you in the last few years? 6-What...

Me and my boyfriend play 20 questions and I need questions [ 3 Answers ]

We play 20 questions a lot and I ran out of questions help

View more questions Search