Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristina0812 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2011, 01:50 AM
    At a museum, there are 4 entrances and 6 exits. In how many ways can two persons ente
    At a museum, there are 4 entrances and 6 exits. In how many ways can two persons enter together at the same gate but exit at different gates? My answer is 60 because for entrance there are 4 choices and for exits there are 15 choices. 4 multiply by 15 is 60. Is that correct?
    gurubhai1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2011, 01:54 AM
    Yes, that is correct.
    4c1*6c2=4*15=60
    Therefore, ans= 60 ways.
    corrigan Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Dec 29, 2011, 09:11 PM
    I'm sorry but that is not correct. There are fifteen, six choose two, choices if we don't care which friend goes through a gate, but there are thirty choices since order is important. For example, if Sally goes through gate 2 and Jimmy goes through gate 5, that is a different way of exiting, then if Sally goes through gate 5 and Jimmy goes through gate 2. Unless I'm reading the question wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At a museum, there are 4 entrances and 6 exits. In how many ways can two persons ente [ 3 Answers ]

At a museum, there are 4 entrances and 6 exits. In how many ways can two persons enter together at the same gate but exit at different gates?

Asking for charity at store entrances and checkouts [ 5 Answers ]

Have many other people noticed this annoying practice lately? It got really bad around last Christmas, but thankfully, seems to be stopping. I personally think it's very rude to try and shame people in public places into giving to charity. I give to animal and environmental causes on my own and...

How to write her ways are pleasant ways, and her paths are peace [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know if anyone knew how to write "her ways are pleasant ways, and her paths are peace in sanskrit?

View more questions Search