Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pete6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2011, 01:46 PM
    Magnets operation for shower doors?
    When I install the magnet in the track on the frame it will not attract to the door, but when I take the magnet out of the track and apply it to the door it has good magnetism. What am I missing?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2011, 04:34 PM
    One of the problems u may have is that magnets are not lining up correctly.

With magnet attached to door, close door and see if magnet goes into track. If not, adjust track and or door so it does.

Chuck
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 25, 2011, 09:32 PM
    Also, and in addition to Creahands's comment, make sure the door hits the frame square on. Since these magnets are relatively weak, the slightest tension will not have enough power to keep the door in closed position. Back to you. Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Took Shower doors down- [ 0 Answers ]

Adhesive on bottom rail has stained the tub rim-yellow help! Have tried bleach/comet/lite sanding..?

Is there any really good glue for shower magnets? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a glass shower door with 2 magnets (1/4" x 1 1/2" approx) and one of them keeps coming off. I tried all kinds of "water resistant glues" and none of them work, Is there anything that will? There is no company name on the shower itself. I tried contacting the builder of the home but got...

Installing bypass shower doors and the shwer walls aren't plumb so doors have gaps [ 2 Answers ]

Cannot adjust shower doors to align correctly because shower walls aren't plumb... the shower bypass doors/rails etc are level and plumb but they leave gaps because the wall of the shower isn't plumb... any way to correct that enough to align the doors? Out of plumb appx 1/8 " on both sides. ...

Installing bypass shower doors and the shwer walls aren't plumb so doors have gaps [ 0 Answers ]

Cannot adjust shower doors to align correctly because shower walls aren't plumb... the shower bypass doors are level and plumb but they leave gaps because the wall of the shower isn't plumb... any way to correct that enough to align the doors? Out of plumb appx 1/8 " on both sides.

Shower doors or shower glass [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find the shower glass, that when you have the door open the glass is clear, but when you close it turns frosted

View more questions Search