Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinsondavid69 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2011, 10:58 AM
    Battery ran down when headlights were left on all day.
    My headlights were left on all day, I jumped it to start it using the battery in the trunk. Now, my keyless entry won't work the first time so I have to manually open the car door. After that it will work one time and that is all. Also, my trunk won't open off my keyless entry and my service tire monitor is on and my tire pressure gauge shows blanks. What can I do?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2011, 11:04 AM
    Read your owners manual to see how to reset. With all the items you mention, doesn't your car have a headlight on alert? If you can't reset, you may have to take it to the dealer. PS your radio may not work either without a reset code.

Dec 25, 2011, 11:46 AM
    It does have headlight on alert, but if you manually turn the headlights on and leave them on the alert is N/A.

Dec 25, 2011, 11:47 AM
    Battery ran down when headlights were left on all day.
    Everything works except for those things that I mentioned. I can't find it in the owner's manual.

Dec 25, 2011, 11:51 AM
    Battery ran down with the headlights on
    My headlights were left on all day, I jumped it to start it using the battery in the trunk. Now, my keyless entry won't work the first time so I have to manually open the car door. After that it will work one time and that is all. Also, my trunk won't open off my RKE and my service tire monitor is on and my tire pressure gauge shows blanks. What can I do? Also, The headlights were turned on manually and left on all day, my wife drove it and it was foggy.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2011, 11:56 AM
    Interesting concept. My Honda CRV always alerts, sorry for your inconvenience. Tire warning has to be reset with a special tool.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2011, 12:28 PM
    But you also have to worry if you can't reset, some of the cars with advanced electric can damage the computer system by 'jump starting" them. That is a reason when we were on the police force we stopped doing any jump starts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Battery tipped over in my 85 dodge Prospector 4x4 Now I have no dash, headlights , [ 2 Answers ]

Does any have aclue ,truck starts and runs just fine, just doesn't have any lights at all including no taillights.

I have a 2003 Buick Century, when I dim my headlights,headlights turn off. [ 1 Answers ]

If I don't hit the turn signal lever/ head light dimmer hard enough the headlights turn all the way off, until I hit the dimmer switch again. It only takes a second, but a second is a long time at 75mph. How do you change the dimmer switch?

AC compressor not running Just installed new unit & it only ran for a day HELP PLEASE [ 8 Answers ]

AC wasn't cooling (compressor wasn't running) on system and after a lot of troubleshooting - I installed a whole new outside condenser unit (this is at an apartment complex). The unit worked great - for one day! Then the compressor quit running. Fan is still running. I have checked everything I...

We left the back open, the security started ticking and the battery dead [ 1 Answers ]

The security started ticking and then we couldn't start the explorer, we ended up having to jump it to get it started

Honda Civic LX-2003 , not starting after headlights were left on. [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently bought a used Honda Civic 2003 model car, it was working perfectly fine until one day I forgot to swith off my headlights which were left on for 7-8 hrs and then Car didn't start. I thought that the batterry might have got flatten as speedometer light was coming and horn was working...

View more questions Search