Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    usdreas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2011, 01:17 AM
    How to get cold water to turn on washing machine?
    I too have the same problem, only get hot water in the machine, and does not rise, but if I put the machine on cold water I get nothing but when I run the water hose in it and fill it up with cold water it will start up and does the same when I fill it up on the rise cycle. Well any suggestions on what to do?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2011, 08:03 AM
    Cold water solenoid is bad or blocked, possible plugged cold water inlet. Remove the CW hose at the washer and see if the screen is plugged
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 25, 2011, 09:22 AM
    Good answer, also check the screen at each end of the supply hose.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2011, 01:07 AM
    The filter screens are stopped up. Remove hoses on water valve on machine and clean screens and all will be well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine cold water intake [ 3 Answers ]

I have a build up of a metallic susbtance at the cold water intake trap that goes into the washing machine. I remove the hose, clean out the substance with q-tips, replace the hose and wait for the build up to appear again. I have replaced the hoses to the washing machine, have no build up at any...

No Cold Water to washing machine--new machine still has same problem [ 6 Answers ]

My washing machine stopped filling with cold water when necessary. Because it was an old machine and sometimes didn't spin out, I replaced it. The new (used) machine also doesn't have cold water. The valve works just fine, but has a little drip. Unless I am incredibly unlucky and have two...

Why is the cold water only dribbling into my washing machine? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the city so I am on city water. Just recently My cold water only dribbles into my washing machine. Help Please!

Hot but no cold water to washing machine [ 4 Answers ]

My washer will only fill up with hot water even though I have it on warm. When I try to turn on cold, water does not flow. I've taken off the hoses and run water through them thinking they were clogged but they're fine. I've turned on faucets that lead to washer and water comes out fine. I recently...

Cold water not coming out in washing machine [ 5 Answers ]

The cold water dribbles into the washing machine when loading; I checked hose connecting machine to faucet in back. The screens were dirty; every time I do load the screens get dirty again. Is stuff coming out of the faucet? It seems to me. What does that mean? The hot water faucet is fine. My...

View more questions Search