Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Road...runner Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2011, 04:50 PM
    TRUST... something given or earned?
    So is trust (in a relationship)something that's given or earned? Seems to me like a lot of people give trust and once its broken that's it or is trust something that's earned over time and more so actions? Thanks :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2011, 05:06 PM
    It is normally given or assumed. If trust is broken one can never take back or undo the action and can't really ever be earned back, it has to be given again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 24, 2011, 05:24 PM
    You give some, and they earn most of it. Trust, but verify. Blind trust can bite you in the butt.
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2011, 08:52 PM
    I give trust at the outset because it makes me a happier person. I trust others without wanting to give away too much of my power until I get to know them better. That's because it takes time to know what values someone considers important and how well they live up to their standards. People have to earn my trust if they want to share a meaningful part of my life.

It's good to ask how you judge someone to be trustworthy. I look for someone who keeps their word, is mostly reliable so I know I can count on them, are supportive, values kindness, honesty, fidelity and generosity. It's easy to get on a soap box and profess high standards, harder to live up to at times and sometimes we make mistakes and fall into an abyss, so humility, acceptance, forgiveness and the willingness to keep striving for balance are also important qualities I look for in a friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend doesn't trust me but I trust him when I possibly shouldn't? [ 10 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and me and my boyfriend, who is 21, have been dating for about 4 months now. This is only my second real relationship and he is the only guy I have ever felt like I truly loved. We tell each other we love each other all the time, and he has even brought up marriage but I'm not...

How do I file income earned in AL and income earned in WI? [ 1 Answers ]

I reside in WI but worked both in WI and AL. Do I enter income from AL on my WI return or do I fill out returns for both states?

In an A,B, C trust/ no will, community stock not listed in trust, who gets [ 5 Answers ]

My stepdad passed away in may of 2009, him and my mom were married for 20 years. He had an old a,b,c, trust that dates back to 1986 and it has no will. The C trust lists some old assets but most are gone. He never redid it just updated it in 1993 he son appears to have been named in it the...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search