Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XtremeHack3r Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 02:35 PM
    Is brandy sauce suitable for children?
    Just wondering if my kids can have brandy sauce? In the ingredients it said that it contained champagne or something.

Thank You in advance.
    Xerxes12 Posts: 21, Reputation: 5

Dec 24, 2011, 04:05 PM
    Hi there, I would suggest reading the ingredients again and see if it lists alcohol. If not, then I might offer them a taste to see if their palates are ready to explore the wonders of grown-up food!

I don't think offering children foods that have "live" alcohol are a good idea. From drinks to even salad dressings, the live alcohol can impact their young systems in an adverse way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2011, 04:34 PM
    It is fine for them, it is cooked and as in cooking wines used in many dishes does not keep the alcohol in it.
    RubyMittal Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
    Yes, it is good for children. You can cook sauceat home also.
    Kelsey Clinkerz Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 04:54 PM
    Its fine, if the sauce actually contained alcohol, you would have had to show id to buy it, and the alcohol is burned off in the cooking process. Just like wine sauces or bourbon brownies, it only leaves behind the flavour, not the alcohol.
    cuteshoes337 Posts: 13, Reputation: -6

Jul 31, 2012, 11:47 PM
    In recipes that include alcohol, if the alcohol is cooked there is no danger to children-- not as far as I have ever heard, at least. The "alcohol" part of the alcohol burns off with relatively low heat. I'm thinking of vodka sauces, and beer-can chicken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rare brandy liqueurs [ 0 Answers ]

Hi hope u can help am looking for a collectible bronte yorkshire brandy liqueur 60%proof hope u can help

Which hollandaise sauce derivatives are most suitable to complex fish dishes [ 5 Answers ]

Could it be maltaise, mousseline, bearnaise or moutarde

Brandy and Whisky appreciation [ 5 Answers ]

1 I understand that there are lots of whisky and brandy around(eg: XO, VSOP, Cognac etc) 2 Any website or experts around to share the knowledge?

Replacing Brandy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a receipe for a sauce that calls for Brandy. Is there anything I can use as a replacment?

View more questions Search