Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristina0812 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 11:24 PM
    A boy wants to give his 12 different books to his 3 friends. The first one will recei
    A boy wants to give his 12 different books to his 3 friends. The first one will receive 5 books, the second one will receive 4 books and the third one will receive 3 books. In how many ways can the boy give his books to his friends?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2011, 12:32 AM
    Find the number of ways 5 books can be chosen from the 12 books.

Then find the number of ways 4 books can be chosen from the remaining books (that is 12 - 5)

Last find the number of ways 3 books can be chosen from the remaining books (that is 12 - 5 - 4)

Multiply each answer to get the final answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suggestions for fantasy, Sci fi or apocalypse books with young boy becoming great... [ 4 Answers ]

I'm needing suggestions on books similar to "The Bakers Boy" by J.V. Jones, "Enders Game" by Orson Scott Card, "Mageborn: The Blacksmith's Son" by Michael G. Manning, "The Shattergrave Knights" by David M. Haendler, Etc... I really like stories that are action/adventure and revolve around a...

Boy and tree talking books [ 3 Answers ]

Well the movie is about a boy,that goes to a library and find a book.then he goes to an otherworld,and meet 3 talking books on his journey. (one book is pink and has fairy wings on it)and I want to know what the name is of that movie D:

Boy Friends ? [ 10 Answers ]

My best friend asked me out and I said yes but then a realized that it wasn't working so I told him that I really preferred it as friends and then he took it real bad then he started saying things like well since we have been going out you have been flirting with this your boy but I wasn't and then...

Books about bear, friends, acceptance [ 1 Answers ]

Want to find the tile/author of a children's book. About a bear or possibly a polar bear. He takes a ride on a whale. His friends want to know why he is so plain. They find out that there is a reason they have to coats that they do. Camouflage. Might also be a parrot or a toucan in the story.

Boy or friends? [ 2 Answers ]

OK, my friend Giorgia hated this guy, Nick, only because of how he made jokes about her. So she and him never really talked until one day she called and said it was all good with then so I was glad. Then 3 days later he asked me out. 2 days later I was over my friend Katies and we were talking with...

View more questions Search