Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmat3886 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 08:55 PM
    88 acura legend v6
    I have a 88 acura legend v6 it went dead when I put it in park I replaced the distributor and it started and ran for about 3 seconds and died. Since then I replaced the coil the camshaft position sensor plugs and wires and still no fire to the plugs and it won't start
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2011, 10:08 PM
    What codes are the ECU flashing?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2011, 06:30 AM
    If the Check Engine Light comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II), then the problem is likely distributor related. Only install a genuine Honda distributor housing (all others are suspect), where it's fine to install an aftermarket Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil to keep the cost down.

Dec 24, 2011, 09:17 PM
    The ecu says coolant temp sensor and the check engine light stays on.

Dec 24, 2011, 10:39 PM
    I fixed the main relay and now the check engine light goes off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

90 Acura legend dies momentarily [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 90 Acura Legend. Its been a great car! I've replaced the fuel filter and tuned it up regularly. I got a new car and the Legend has been sitting mostly. Now when I do drive it it runs perfect for a few minutes, then it totally dies either sitting or driving down the road.After a few minutes...

Acura legend car battery [ 5 Answers ]

I have an old (1990) Acura Legend. - For the past few years, the battery dies even during mild winters, or after 3-4 days of inactivity. - I have changed battery 2 times but the problem remains. - Mechanic told me alternator, etc all checks out OK. - Said there may be "short" somewhere he...

1993 acura legend draining car battery [ 0 Answers ]

My wife has a 1993 acura legend and something is draining the battery. The battery is newand has been tested,the alernator has been tested and there fine. Could give me some advice.Thanks

Should I care what color my 90 Acura legend maintenance required window [ 2 Answers ]

In the past this site has been really helpful. I have a 90 Acura Legend L. It's a great car and a lot of fun! It just turned to 129,000 miles today and I noticed my little maintenance required window on the dash panel was changing to yellow instead of green. It's half green and half yellow now....

View more questions Search