Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harmony4448 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 06:21 PM
    Biological grandparent rights
    My mother put me up for adoption in the family my children live with their fathers mother she won't let my mom see the kids. Does she have any rights
    harmony4448 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 06:28 PM
    Can my biological mother re adopt me legally I am an adult though
    My biological mother adopted me in the family I haven't spoke with my adopted mother for quit sometime we never got along is there some way my biological mother can be put back on my birth certificate
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2011, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony4448 View Post
    My mother put me up for adoption in the family my children live with their fathers mother she won't let my mom see the kids. Does she have any rights
    Can you rewrite that... its hard to read and isn't making any sense as it is.

And if you are an adult as you claim in another post, then why are you asking this question if the kids are yours?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adopti...ml#post2982496
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2011, 07:01 PM
    Not without your adopted mothers consent. Legally she is your mother.

If you are an adult... why does this matter? Your other post makes it seem like you are not an adult.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/adopti...ts-621930.html
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2011, 07:05 PM
    Next if you have not seen her for a while, and you don't get along, why would you even want to ?
    joshuas1320 Posts: 4, Reputation: -2

Dec 23, 2011, 07:06 PM
    You should get them both together with a person that works with the adoption agency or something and maybe you guys can work it out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 23, 2011, 07:26 PM
    {Threads merged}

Whay does "adopt in family" mean? Why do you want to do this?
    Tarajio Posts: 19, Reputation: -6

Dec 25, 2011, 09:23 PM
    I don't know what State you live in - therefore, don't know the laws in your State.. but in my State, biological Grandparents have rights if they go to a Court of Law to get them.. they have to have it legally done.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 26, 2011, 11:16 AM
    When your biological mother placed you for adoption, she gave up ALL RIGHTS to you. ALL of them. You are not legally related to your biological mother (or her family) in ANY way whatsoever.

If you are an adult, you can consent to be adopted by your biological mother (if your state allows it) without getting your adoptive parents' permission.

If you are under the age of 18--what is going on that you have no contact with your adoptive mother?

Your biological mother has no legal connection to your children, so NO--she has no rights to them.

And without an adoption, your biological mother's name cannot be placed back on your birth certificate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biological grandparent [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My Mum was adopted at a very young age, therefore I have never met or been given the chance to meet my biological grandparents. Please can you help me/give me advice as to how and where I could track them down? At the moment I have no details as to what her biological parents names are,...

Biological Grandparent rights after adoption [ 26 Answers ]

I'll try to make this as short as possible. I live in Indiana and I adopted my husbands son a few years ago. My son is now 6. He still has a relationship with his biological maternal grandfather. There is no visitation agreement in the court system. Unfortunately, our relationship within the past...

Non Biological Grandparent vs. Biological Parent? [ 1 Answers ]

My Father was never really in my life and my mom was a drunk. Well, my mom began smoking crack when I was 14 and then began giving it to me at 15. I had my daughter at 16 and by the time she was 3 months, she was taken out of my home and placed into my dad's. I never followed up with any of that...

Grandparent adoption over biological fathers objection [ 4 Answers ]

I live in NYS and am 21. Currently I am 5 mo. Pregnant and want to have my mother adopt my new born. (My mother FYI is an employed case worker, no reports on the SCR - does not use drugs or alcohol etc. ) The biological father is 23 and is incarcerated currently pending trial for 3 felonies. He...

Biological grandparent [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was anything that I could do to find out who my mothers mother is... and on that note try and track down my father. My bio grandmothers name is Virginia Kimble... not sure of the spelling. As far as I've been told her family resided in or near Newport, Or. My mother was...

View more questions Search