Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristina0812 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 05:13 PM
    A multiple choice test consists of 10 questions, each question with five possible ans
    A multiple choice test consists of 10 questions, each question with five possible answers but only one correct answer. In how many different ways can a student check off one answer to each questions? In how many different ways can a student check off one answer to each question and get all the answer wrong?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2011, 12:30 AM
    In how many different ways can a student check off one answer to each questions?
    each question with five possible answers but only one correct answer.
    You really cannot answer this one?

In how many different ways can a student check off one answer to each question and get all the answer wrong?
    Find how many ways the student gets an answer wrong, and multiply each time by the number of ways of getting the next answer wrong.

e.g.
    If there are 10 ways of getting the first and second answers wrong, then there are 100 ways of getting both answers wrong.

If there are 2 ways of getting each of 5 answers wrong each, there there are 2*2*2*2*2 = 128 ways of getting all 5 answers wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple choice question: [ 5 Answers ]

Security which could be classified as held to maturity are: A) Treasury (B) Warrant (C) Municipal Bond (D) Redeem per stock

Algebra multiple choice questions with matrices [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to understand the first few but I can't get the rest, and if you don't understand the questions because I typed them wrong then please tell me! Here they are: Question 1 Which of the following is a linear equation/are linear equations in x1, x2 and x3? A. 2x1 − √3x2 + 0,...

Multiple choice question [ 3 Answers ]

In a private ltd company a permissible capital payment can be made to redeem or purchase its own shares when a)it has insufficient distributable profits for the purpose b)it can raise the amount from a new issue c)it is not legally authorized to redeem them d)all of the above I believe the...

Multiple choice question [ 1 Answers ]

which event should not be recorded in a company ledger account: a)a bonus issue of shares b)a rights issue of shares c)a sale by a shareholder of shares at a price above nominal value d)an issue of the company shares at a price above nominal value i believe the answer is b but i am still...

Multiple Choice Questions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Can any one help me out here to make sure I am doing it correct. I really appreciate it for any positive response. Kyle. 1 MDC Ltd’s December 31, 20X7 balance sheet showed the following: 20X7 20X6 Capital assets $610,000 ...

View more questions Search