Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christianmommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 02:48 PM
    Computer will not let me run anything
    I been having problems with my computer for about a week now. When I try to open any VLC or Microsoft office a window pops up and window can not open this file but I can still get on the internet. Then if I go to control panel go to system protection or anything under the control panel it will tell me application not found and I do not know if there is anything I can do myself or I have to take it in and have it fixed.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2011, 07:41 PM
    It sounds like a virus or other malware to me. Most likely, you'll have to have professional help, but you might try running MalwareBytes' AntiMalware first. Just download the free version. If your computer cannot visit this website, it is a huge indication of a malware infestation as they like to prevent access to any tools to disable them.

Best of luck (you'll need it),
    WallyH
    mandrea09 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 11:20 AM
    It sounds like you have a virus and/or malware. You may try downloading the following applications and running them:

Malwarebytes - it is a malware remover
    RKILL - this needs to be ran before you install and run malwarebytes. This will end all processes that are preventing you from opening anything. When it is finished running, it will pop up the log file and tell you which processes were stopped and where they are located. After that, install and run malwarebytes, and you can usually do a quick scan and get everything out of there you need to, but if you feel more comfortable, you can run a full scan which will take considerably longer. One thing I will addd is when you first open up malwarebytes it will ask if you want to run trial version, just close out of that window its free tool. Once this has finished running, it will list everything it finds. Just hit the remove all button and away they go, it will ask you to restart, but before you do that, I would click on quarantine tab and remove all malware that was found so that it is removed completely from your comptuer. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't run itunes on my computer [ 2 Answers ]

I recently reinstalled iTunes on my computer and now I can't run itunes on my windows XP. Get the message it is not a valid application with win32. Could you *** help. I must say I'm not very good with computer details, but I want this problem solved. Help!

How to make my computer run faster [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not as I know little about computer and didn't really know what section was appropriate for my question. But my computer is running REALLY slow lately. What programs do I need to run to make it faster and clean things up?

Can I run more than 1 os on my computer? [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is a way to run multiple os's on my computer.(like if I could run a profile that ran on mac) ty!:)

View more questions Search