Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindak22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 07:25 AM
    Blown head gasket maybe?
    My ealer repair shop has told me I might have a blown head gasket and maybe a hairline crack in the block.
    But they do not know for sure and won't know unless the open it up which will take 22 hours of labor.
    After reading some of your responses, it appears cars with this problem overheat, mine never has. My car right now won't start which they say is due to a sensor. They also say there is not water in the oil but in the exhaust.
    They recently changed a transmission sensor which they had to lower the transmission etc which was costly.
    This car is a Cadillac DeVille with 160,000, it always has been a good car. It bothers me that my car has never overheated and I am not sure what the problem is. Can you give me some things to consider before dumping my car, I really don't want a new one if this car can be salvaged. There is not value on a trade-in. Thank you, Linda
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 23, 2011, 07:28 AM
    Can you give us an idea of why they said the head may be bad? Is the car doing something it shouldn't be doing?
    lindak22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 07:56 AM
    They did a compression test, I had taken the car in recently for a smog and they found the bad sensors, transmission and another, within the next few days the car wouldn't start, so I took it back in and they did the tests and said I need a new starter sensor and they did a compression test and told me of the problems. Also, I had not noticed the car engine not smooth before but I did notice a missing or non smooth engine when I got it home and then it would not start intermittenly.I am trying to decide to repair or replace or do I have a major problem, are there other thing to check??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blown head gasket! [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. I have a blown head gasket. I would like to know if it would be best to get it fixed or get a new engine? Why does it cost so much to replace the head gaskets? If I decide to get a engine would it be better to get a new, rebuilt, or used engine?

Blown head gasket [ 1 Answers ]

How much will it cost to repair a blow head gasket on a 95 nissian altima?

Blown head gasket [ 1 Answers ]

Wher to start when replacing head gasket on 19995 nissan altima

Blown head gasket [ 5 Answers ]

Someone is selling a acura legend for 1000. It has a blown head gasket is it worth buying and fixing?

View more questions Search