Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carlsonwa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 11:05 PM
    Recirculating system
    Hello, I just bought a house with a tankless heater and a recirculating water/heater system. The burner on the heater only kicks on if there's 0.8 gpm running through it. For some reason it keeps turning itself off. When I check the remote on the tankless is showing the flow rate at 0.5gpm. I'm thinking either the filter is dirty (cleaning that tomorrow) which is throttling the inlet water a bit, but I wouldn't think that would be enough and it wouldn't explain why it's running intermittently. I'm not sure if the pump is working or not either. I toggled it on and off but couldn't tell a difference. Any suggestions?

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble with recirculating pump? [ 0 Answers ]

I forgot to turn off the recirculating pump while flushing the hot water heater. When I turned the water heater back on and opened the faucets black water and sediment flowed through every faucet. I later realized the recirculating pump was still running so I turned it off, let the faucets run,...

Recirculating pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Armstrong Astro 25BS 1/2 recirculating pump hooked up to the plumbing in my new house. I am not getting hot water at the tap until I run the water for awhile so the pump is obviously not working. Is there any way to troubleshoot it or do I just need to replace it and have a plumber...

Convection flow in recirculating hot water system [ 0 Answers ]

I have a recirculating hot water system that is recirculating too fast and is losing a lot of heat. The pipes are in interior walls with pink insulation, but they are not directly insulated. The original installation had a pump that ran 24/7. I have turned the pump off and the system is still...

Recirculating Pump Installation [ 4 Answers ]

What is the proper and UBC method of installing a recirculating pump? A plumber submitted an estimate of $400 to correct what he called an improper existing installation. Currently the return line from the recirculating pump is plumbed into the cold water intake line at the top of the hot water...

Recirculating pump [ 4 Answers ]

I have a recirculating line running into my hot water heater. I know for a fact that it has not had a pump attached to it for 20 years. I do not know if there was a problem with the line before or if the pump just bit the dust and was taken off. Should I be concerned about attaching a pump and...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.