Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TXMOMMA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 08:36 PM
    My ex-husband hasn't paid child support in over 16 years.
    I no longer live in Florida but he does. After not paying for 16 years ( for two children ) Isn't this considered a felony? What can I do. I still have a case number with the Clerk of Court. Can he be arrested?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2011, 08:44 PM
    Have you taken him back to court to enforce your order.
    Have you ever turned him over to child support enforcement?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 23, 2011, 04:30 AM
    If the original case was in Florida and he still lives there than Florida has jurisdiction.

Florida law does criminalize non payment. But that is an extreme step. Have you contacted the Florida Child Support Enforcement Agency? This site has info for you on doing so. Florida Child Support, look no further

Without knowing what you have done over the past 16 years to collect support its hard to advise further.
    Tarajio Posts: 19, Reputation: -6

Dec 25, 2011, 09:45 PM
    I don't know the laws of your State.. but in my State he would OWE all the money!
    And, you can still file on him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I file child abandonment warrant? My exhusband hasn't paid 5 months child support [ 2 Answers ]

It's been five months and he now owes $9,000 and refuses to pay. I filed a contempt of court order paperwork and the law has made four attempts to serve him but was unsuccessful. What can I do next? Can I file a child abandonment warrant or just file another contempt of court paperwork again until...

Can non custodial parent get money from dead child estate if never paid child support [ 1 Answers ]

Custodial parents car insurance will only pay the representative of the estate under the uninsured motorist coverage. If custodial parent files to be the administator, does she have to split the money with the non custodial parent who has never cared for the deceased child or paid on the support...

My ex-husband hasn't paid child support in five weeks. What should I do? [ 8 Answers ]

My ex-husband hasn't paid child support in five weeks. Should I file comtempt of court charges or child abandonment charges against him? I send him a text every week asking him if he is going to pay this week. Every week he tell me he will pay when he gets the money. The only time he visits her is...

Ex-husband never paid child support [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband never paid child support and I have raised both of my children without his financial help. In the original divorce papers it says he has to pay child support but never did. Now the children are 28 & 32 and really could use these funds. Can I sue my ex-husband for back child support in...

I haven't paid child support in 2 years but I want to make up and see my son [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't paid child support in 2 years but I want to make up and see my son he is 4 now I had been in courts for two years before hand and I only got 3hours a week and she never shows up but I want to be apart of my sons life can anyone help me in how I go about it my solicitor won't give me my...

View more questions Search