Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wolfiereveles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 12:12 AM
    Can't type and move mouse simultaneously
    I'm working on an Acer Aspire 5536 with Win 7 (originally Vista)
    I don't know when this began because I use an external mouse and keyboard, but when I remove these and type and try to move the touch pad simultaneously, the cursor freezes and stops responding. It reacts about a second after I stop typing.
    I can use ctrl, alt, and shift with the mouse, and probably some others too, I just can't type. Any ideas what could cause this?

Thanks
    Ariusp Posts: 15, Reputation: -5

Dec 22, 2011, 12:21 AM
    U probebly have a driver conflikt or the laptop might be owerheated and neds to be cleand
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 22, 2011, 12:50 AM
    The default behaviour for laptops is to ignore input from the mouse when typing.
    If you go into the mouse settings you can change this..
    mandrea09 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 07:29 PM
    Your touchpad drivers may need updated if it is conflicting with your typing since the mouse and keyboard are all internal. Check those settings under mouse in the control panel to be sure. Most laptops these days use synaptics touchpad so if you go to their website, there are drivers you can install for your machine and operating system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop mouse won't move the curser [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a virus on my laptop (still do I believe) but now I'm trying to resolve that but my mouse won't work now what do I need to do? Thanks!

Hp laptop can't move mouse might be a virus? [ 3 Answers ]

I was on my hp laptop and all of a sudden it shut off and when I restarted it, its frozen.. and the mouse won't move.. its been 3 days and I can't get my laptop to do anything.. could this be a nasty virus?

Computer is hung up cannot move mouse [ 0 Answers ]

What are the top five questions to ask from help desk when a person complains that their computer is hung up and mouse pointer won't move?

Can a body move and rest simultaneously [ 6 Answers ]

Is there an example of body being in the state of motion and rest simultaneously?

Mouse cursor won't move at all! [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone please help me. MY mouse cursor won't move. I was In my kitchen cooking for my son and I came back and my mose wouldn't move I don't know what he did. But I need my computer so I can do my school work

View more questions Search