Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scline Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 07:40 PM
    How do I wire for DSL and Phone Line from 1 Jack ?
    I have a wall jack with 2 main lines coming into it and within those lines I have colored wires. I have green, orange, brown and blue and with those there are white wires twisted together. Can anyone help me with this install?
    Thanks,
    Scott Cline
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 21, 2011, 08:01 PM
    You don't actually need anything except a filter to wire in a DSL line. They usually operate on line 1. You plug in the filters on all your phone jacks. That is all you have to do.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2011, 05:39 AM
    White/blue is first pair, white/orange is second pair, green is 3rd and brown is 4th pair. Your line from the telco could use just the blue/white pair with filters hanging out of the wall jacks everywhere/
    Or You can have a whole house filter where it is split outside, then just use the blue/white pair for voice, and I use the last pair(brown) for the data pair to the computer, no filters in the house.
    If they have a second line or fax, I would use the orange pair.
    Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

With DSL line already present is there an adapter to convert a regular jack to DSL? [ 1 Answers ]

Have DSL line. Want to move PC to another room without having to call out a tech. Is there an adaptor that will convert one of the other phone jacks to DSL?

Need to rewire phone jack for dsl [ 5 Answers ]

Need to rewire phone jack for dsl instead of phone.

Hook up for dsl phone jack? [ 4 Answers ]

I ordered high speed internet from AT&T although I do not have AT&T for phone service. The tech installed what he calls a dry loop, and then told me that I have to run a phone jack to that line. The problem is, he worked outside, and I do not know what terminal to hook up the jack to. Any ideas...

How to change wiring on phone jack for DSL [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I need help! I have only one phone jack in room with computer. It is a separate line and number different from my home phone. I am getting DSL and will no longer need this separate number. When I cancel this number for cpu that line will be dead(I Think). I ordered my DSL on my regular...

View more questions Search