Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    algranville2000 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 08:07 PM
    HP Printer slow in operation
    I have an HP Officejet v40xi 4-in-1 machine. The printer works very slowly, i.e. it might take 5 to 10 minutes for it to print a page. This occurs when I use it alone and when I send it a print command. Please render some technical advice on what my problem might be. Thanks for the help.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 13, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Unfortunately I can't offer any "technical" advice on this problem, seems to be printer hardware related. But it seems this old printer has it share of problems. Like here and here.

Perhaps its time to move onto a new one. The price of a printer is really cheap now anyway, especially when on sale.

As an example, I had a HP 990cxi. The inks cost $90 cdn! For an original black and color. I could buy a new inkjet for 49 bucks instead.:)

I did try the ink refills, but the quality was not acceptable to me.

When I went shopping for one, I looked at the inks first, see which were the lowest prices, Canon and Epson are pretty good, then I checked which models they were compatible with and bought that model :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Specified I/O operation not completed [ 3 Answers ]

I see the help here but want to understand what caused it. Currently I'm virus scanning an external hard drive (that is the HD out of my laptop). What I/O operation is it speaking of? The virus scan is still going on no problem - except that it's taking forever.

Problems with fan operation [ 5 Answers ]

We have a gas furnace with AC. A few years ago our thermostat was "acting up". I don't remember exactly what the problem was, but we wanted a programmable thermostat so I bought one and installed it. I'm sure I installed it correctly - it's pretty simple as long as you put the right wires on the...

Operation error? [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to access a local (national chain) hardware site there is a message that says that the operation was aborted. How do I correct this error message? It only appears when I try to go to this one website. Thanks

Intermittent blower operation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Janitrol model A30-08 furnace. On the AC side, when the thermostat calls for cooling, sometimes the blower kicks on, sometimes not. The evaporator coils always cool down (to the point of icing if I don't intervene), so that part is working fine. When the blower doesn't come on,...

Illegal Operation--Help? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi-- When I log off on Window's 98SE--after a few minutes, when I try to get back on--it say's I have performed an illegal operation--it say's the reason is--"MPREXE"--can anyone please tell me what this means? And what I can do to correct it--Thank you--

View more questions Search