Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shopdog1 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 12:55 PM
    Have a 18.5hp briggs ohv keeps popping and sheering flywheel key need to know why
    Can someone tell me why or what would cause the fly wheel key to keep sheering off and why engine keeps popping and want start
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 22, 2011, 08:14 PM
    Timing could be off causing a back fire of kick back. It is safe to say you should ignore the #2 poster who apparently does no know about engines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTD 14.5HP 42" (Briggs & Stratton OHV) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an MTD 14.5HP 42" that has a Briggs and Stratton OHV engine. It is about 10 yrs old and has been sitting out for a couple years because I no longer had much of a yard to cut with 3 kids worth of stuff in back. We bought a new house that has 2 acres so now I need this again but I do...

5HP Briggs Engine Shears Flywheel Keys. Why? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 5 HP Briggs on my go kart. It has sheared 3 keys already, and I am getting tired of replacing them. The keys are aluminum, and I was wondering if it would hurt to place a steel one in there. Would it do more damage than good?

Briggs & Stratton 14.5hp OHV - Won't Run [ 8 Answers ]

I have a yard machine mower that was running great. It shut off in the middle of cutting and that was that. If I pour gas in the carb it tries to start, so I know I have fire. I have plenty of gas going to the carb and the solenoid on the bottom is working fine. I had the carb off, took the main...

Briggs & Stratton 14.5hp Flywheel ring [ 1 Answers ]

Today we put on a new flywheel ring gear and a new starter pinion gear. The new flywheel ring is aluminum instead of the plastic that was on it. I was told this was due to the starter gear being easier to replace it will be the first to be worn down. We tried starting the tractor and the starter...

View more questions Search