Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    illinois1 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2011, 12:01 PM
    Telephone wiring connections and system performance
    I have a box from ATT outside my house with two connections one for the room addition and one for the old part of the house. The Old part of the house is run from the box through a crawl space vent which won't allow it to close. The other is run along the house but exposed. I want to run a wire from the box outside box in a better location to the crawl space and connect both lines so they are concealed and out of the way.

My question is can I remove the phone line connections and than connect them both in the crawl space to a new wire from the phone service and get the same line quality?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 21, 2011, 12:26 PM
    Please clarify what you mean by "I want to run a wire from the box outside box in a better location." Do you mean that you will disconnect the two existing extensions from the outside box, run a new line that will come into the house, and then you will splice the two extensions to this new line? If so, then voice quality and DSL capabilities should be fine.
    illinois1 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2011, 01:09 PM
    Thanks first for you confirmation that is what I wanted to do. Happy Holidays!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telephone wiring [ 18 Answers ]

Grrr... Second time I'm writing this! 1 phone jack works, it's in the kitchen. It has red and black wires on the left with a blue wire connecting to the red wire. On the left it has green and white wires with the blue/white wire connecting to the green. All other jacks are QuickPort USOC...

Telephone Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to help someone whose line 2 went dead after they did some rearranging of furniture. The wiring was pretty old, so I replaced it from where it comes into the wall. There is a two-line phone in that room that has both lines working fine. Between where the line comes in and the jack,...

Telephone wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small business. When the owner installed the telephone lines he installed 2 of them. We took the plate off and looked at the wiring within jack and he put 2 strands to each of the 2 jacks. We currently have 2 incoming lines with a 2 line telephone. This works okay. However, we are...

Telephone wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I hope you'll be able to help me.. I am trying to have a phone at the kitchen and both my bedrooms. When I first moved into the apartment, there was only 1 jack working (bedroom 2), I was able to successfully put the kitchen jack working a month ago. Now, I am trying to work on the bedroom 1...

Telephone Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

There are two numbers currently working in my home. I would like to rewire a jack so it works on the other number. I thought it was an easy task by just switching the wires. However I tried numerous combinations and it still does not work. The jack that I want to switch users other colors...

View more questions Search