Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamieshafer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 07:42 AM
    Harbor Breeze ceiling fan problem
    I have had a Harbor Breeze fan/light fixture work correctly for 2 /- years. There are no switches on the fixture, only a remote to control it. The unit stopped working. Batteries in the remote were changed, so I started testing the power. I am not an electrian, but I have some experience. Power is present at the switch. Power is present at the hot wire in the ceiling when the wall switch is turned on. Power is present in the black wire leading into the receiver. No power is present at the black (and blue) wire coming out of the receiver. This is where it gets confusing... I started to disconnect the receiver assuming it was bad, but when the white neutral is disconnected from the leads coming out of the receiver, the black (and blue) wires leading out of the receiver now become hot? Again, the wires exiting the receiver are dead when the neutral is connected, but become hot when the neutral is disconnected. Thoughts?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 21, 2011, 08:15 AM
    When you get the black and blue to become hot by disconnecting the neutral what wires are you touching with your test leads? My guess is for you to continue with removing the receiever and replace with a universal remote and receiver

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan [ 6 Answers ]

I have removed old ceiling fan/light - fan quit working, not light. Checked all electrical circuits & GFCI for no problems - assumed fan wore out due to continuous use. Hanging new fan with light kit. Connections must be correct because light works, but not fan! Light on regular wall switch,...

Harbor breeze ceiling fan [ 5 Answers ]

Where is the manual fan switch and light switch for the harbor breeze aero ceiling fan with the remote control. The remote says that the manual fan switch should be on high, and the manual light switch turned on before the remote control will work. I can't find the manual switches. Thanks

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

My Harbor Breeze ceiling fan is 2 years old. It suddenly stopped responding to the remote control. Battery in remote is new. Dip switches in original position on remote (all 4 up). Cannot see switches on motor housing without dismantling it. Anything to do to avoid calling service person to...

Harbor Breeze Fan Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have just installed a Harbor Breeze 52in Cheshire Ceiling Fan into a spot where I had an old fan with a light. I hooked it up the way that the directions said to and the fan works fine but the light dose not come on. I used a tester and there is no power coming from the wires that are going into...

Harbor Breeze fan problem [ 3 Answers ]

My H.B. fan is controlled by remote. The fan itself is still working by remote, BUT the light will not turn off or dim by remote! (That is the only control.) When you try to dim it, you do see the numbers go down on the remote itself, but nothing happens. Where do I go? What do I do? I don't...

View more questions Search