Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chocolatemom85 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 01:05 AM
    Depressing but true
    I'm married to a wonderful man, but he is white and I'm black. I'm with child now, and you would think that I shoukd be happy, but I'm not. You see cause his parents and sister don't like black people. The day before our wedding they tried to talk him out of marring me, not because I'm not a good woman, or not because I don't work or hold my own, but all because I'm black. So when there plan didn't work, and there son married me anyway and I become with child, when his family found out they put on this front like, "oh how nice", but later that night his father call back, thinking that I was alseep, but didn't know that his son had him on speaker phone; he tried to bate his son in to trying to talk to me by having this baby killed. Saying, "God will understand if you don't want it, its not even like its a real person anyways." It took everything for me not to cuss his dad out, and what make it so bad is that he calls himself a christian, and we worship the same God, but the bible teaches in the New testament, "that there no jew, or greek, slave or free we are all one in his eyes" God also teaches that he no respector of person, and that we all come from one blood. Anyway his son told him he would not do it and that he and I want this baby. His father got mad and hung the phone up. I watch his father call my one year old child a stupid nigger, all because she was happy and wanted to show him she was learning her abcs. This is stressful, and its sending in a state of depression. I'm trying to keep myself together and keep myself from having a break down because I don't want my unborn child to have a problem when they get here. And I'm not even going to go in what his sister tried to do. This has really taken a toll on our marriage, and has change my outlook on something's, at this point I don't know, right now I'm just trying to keep myself from having a break down. Help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 21, 2011, 02:31 AM
    What has your husband said about the actions of his family? He should be standing by your side and standing up for you. Is he doing that? Has he told them that in no uncertain terms that he would sever his relationship with them if they do not change their attitudes towards you, your child(ren) and your marriage?

Dec 21, 2011, 07:31 AM
    My husband has gotten to the point that he does not even talk to them, they have even started putting him down and belittling him. So he don't talk to them at all. They blame me saying that its my fault I kept him away from them, but it's there hate that is driving there son away, not me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 21, 2011, 07:33 AM
    They are cruel insensitive bigots as far as I am concerned. As long as you and your husband are happy, leave them in the past and move on with your lives. It's unfortunate, but sometimes that's what it comes down to.

Dec 21, 2011, 07:45 AM
    Thanks. I also will keep praying, cause God will also give me the strength. Thank you again :)
    kjoy82 Posts: 33, Reputation: 11

Dec 25, 2011, 07:09 AM
    You are blessed to have a husband who loves you...
    You are blessed to be with child! :)!

The color of our skin means NOTHING, where we were born means NOTHING.
    All that DOES matter is what is in your heart and soul!!
    And from I read... your heart and soul is in the right place sweetie so stay where you are OK :)?

I am so sorry that you are going through this horrible thing with his parents...
    Both you and your husband can protect yourselves, and your children.
    I would keep my children totally away from them if they are saying demeaning things to them!
    An innocent child does not understand this type of behavior!
    And this kind of behavior can severely damage him or her for life!
    No child should ever have to go through something like this!!

PLEASE do not take to heart what they are saying to you or about you (consider the source!).
    His family will be paying the consequences soon enough because of their behavior and actions toward you and your family.
    I feel bad for your husband, it must hurt terribly when its your very own parents who act like this towards you and your wife and child...

You know... stuff like this always comes back on us (tenfold), and there is nothing you or anyone can say or do to change that from happening.
    I actually feel very sorry and much pity for his family...
    What a horrible way to live your life...

Dec 25, 2011, 07:58 AM
    Thanks for taking the time out to answer me. I really did need to bet reminded of that! :) You know its hard sometimes when you hear there words resound in there head, and depressing. Out of everything the hardest part for me too look back on, was my one year old little girl, trying to play with then with her learning cards, and my husband father called her a, "stupid nigger". And how she just tried to keep playing with him, "And he like dont want to play with you." And push her away, and my one year old didn't understand why; and I grab her and told her it was time to go. Or the things they said before to me before I married their son. Its hard. B
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2011, 08:01 AM
    Why do you and your husband and family even go around them, Why does he even answer the phone when they call.

It is easy, don't ever sit foot in their home and don't ever allow them in your home.

I was in the same boat. I did not see or talk to my family for almost 5 years. They finally stopped "saying' things most of the time, but if they ever did, I asked them to leave my home right then and there, and went another year or so without seeing them.

This is easy, if you don't see them, they can't do this.

Dec 25, 2011, 08:03 AM
    But its hard and I remind myself of Jesus, and promise he gave to all that would accepted it, " By his stripes we are healed." Im healed through, Jesus I'm heal! So it Gods problem now. Im just going to be like Lot, take my family and not look back. Thanks you and for your kind words and Merry Christmas, and God always keep you, and me too. :)

Dec 25, 2011, 08:07 AM
    We have stop going there. I don't talk to them, nor does my husband. But I have real bad depression, and that's when it gets hard. But your right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Don't get Support at work... Depressing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I really need strong advice get me out of this sadness... I got promoted recently and my role more close to the sales and design... however we have new tool which want to sell to the client I never deal with the tool before... I try to go through the manual and reading resources but I...

My depressing life [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship that makes me totally miserable. I know that if I end the relationship that my two girls will be devastated and so would his daughter. I hate to even get out of bed and face the day just because I truly hate my life and I don't know what to do?:(

This is too depressing [ 3 Answers ]

Ive posted a blog about my ex calling me accidentally. It happen again last Thursday But after the two calls she made accidentally. About at 1:30 she sent me two text messages saying "Hey sorry for calling. My phone accidently dialed your number. My phones always seems to dial your number. Then...

Depressing artists [ 6 Answers ]

I was hoping someone could give me names of some depressing musical artists. I.E. evanescense or the rasmus

No pressure when depressing clutch [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Chevy S10, 4.3L with a manual transmission. I tried to put the truck in first gear but it would not engage. I noticed that the clutch seemed like it did not have any pressure on it when I tried to depress it. I checked the master cylinder and it was full of fluid. I looked underneath...

View more questions Search