Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dferg11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 12:44 AM
    If you have a warrant for child support n sc
    And you live n another state does that warrant go outside of that state and you have no criminal warrants it's a civil case rite help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 21, 2011, 04:38 AM
    Let me understand this. What is the warrant for? Is it to appear in the child support case, is it to collect support or what.

A warrant to appear might not be extraditable but a warrant to collect support is generally honored across state lines.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2011, 08:47 AM
    A warrant for failure to pay child support is treated as criminal and yes it will show up on the national data base.
    In fact any warrant they post even failure to appear shows up in the national data base if they place it there.

The issue is how far from the other state are you, and will the other start be willing to pay to have you returned. If the warrant is from Fla, and you are in CA, most likely they will not bring you back but you never know.

But it will show up for background searches and they can also normally have your drivers license suspended if they file in the state you are at.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recovery Warrant, Civil Warrant or Detainer Warrant? [ 4 Answers ]

I closed on the purchase of a house on April 27th. The seller notified a roommate (who was "not" a tenant) to move on April 4th. He moved his furniture on April 12 but left 4 broken down vehicles, and 2 garages wall-to-wall with things. He is dragging his feet on moving because he's angry at the...

Can I file child abandonment warrant? My exhusband hasn't paid 5 months child support [ 2 Answers ]

It's been five months and he now owes $9,000 and refuses to pay. I filed a contempt of court order paperwork and the law has made four attempts to serve him but was unsuccessful. What can I do next? Can I file a child abandonment warrant or just file another contempt of court paperwork again until...

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Can my sons father get out of child support, or back child support? [ 2 Answers ]

The paternity was established for my son at 6 months of age.. will the father have to pay the past 6 months?

Non support warrant dekalb county ga [ 1 Answers ]

To my knowledge there is no standing child support order and the original was thrown out because they lived together... she(custodial parent) is continuously threatening to take out an abandonment warrant but his name is not on the birth certificate the child has not been legitimized and he pays...

View more questions Search